• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New to overclocking and trying to overclock intel pentium dual core

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DarkSonic1337

I'm currently running an intel pentium dual core e2160 at 1.80 ghz. I was hoping I could possibly overclock it to 2.5 ghz, but I frankly don't even know where to start. My bios doesn't seem to be good for overclocking (Phoenix AwardBIOS v6.00PG) so I fished around and found CPUFSB. Rather than trying to fumble around the program and almost certainly fry my computer, I thought it would be a good idea to come here and ask for help :)

This is a backup computer I'm messing with, so it's not the end of the world if it breaks but....well I'd hope to avoid that.

All you need is high FSB. Set higher FSB + FSB/NB voltages ( on many boards you can set it to the max but let's say up to +0.3V max should be safe ). On some boards you may need to put fan on the NB so it won't overheat.
The only problem with these CPUs is random FSB wall. Some can make 300MHz FSB but some will make 400+. It looks like 310MHz can be 100% stable but 312 won't boot at all. About the same for E2140/60/80.

Or read the internal Guide we have instead of going to another site. ;)

Great question TONoob! We would also need to know the ram/ram speed since its directly attached to the FSB. System specs please OP! :)

Looking on your posts i could not find the 2 core duo thread ED! But good question by Theo!

Edit: In the middle of your posts it use to be there.

Yep its nearly all Haswell now and that platform is slowly dying out ED.

Last edited:
I didn't say it was in my sig????? I linked it in the post above. Its in the Intel Sticky thread as well.. ;)

I updated my signature a couple weeks ago and removed that guide as it was the oldest there.

Back