• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new to overclocking.. help me please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

t0talstrangeR

I have been trying to overclock but to no avail. I have read some guides, but each of them are telling me to do something different (eg. one tells me something about ram timing another doesn't).

My specs are Z68 gen3 extreme3, 700W power supply, NVIDIA gtx 560 TI 2gb.

I have a couple of problems while trying to overclock.

!) When I try to set my CPU core voltage to 1.27-1.3 my cpu stays at a black screen while rebooting.

2) For the option of "Turbo boosting" there is no "manual" option just Disable or enable. I need to turn this to manual so that I can change "Short duration power limit" and Long duration power limit" to 200 or 300. Also, there is no "Core current limit" option in my BIOS

3) I do not know a good starting point for other voltages other than the 1.27 mention above(even if its not a correct starting point)

4) When I do get to change settings in my BIOS my core temperatures are from 94-97 constantly.

Turbo Boost Power Limit needs to be set to Manual, in order to change Short Duration Power Limit and Long Duration Power Limit. And it might help us to know what CPU you're running, and the overclock you're trying to achieve that requires 1.3V or higher Vcore, including the HSF installed.

Back