• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New to Overclocking....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

//:mC.n

Registered
Was over clocked through my BIOS to 4.0 Ghz on AMD Phenom II x4 Black Edition 125w Deneb....

I installed Windows 8 and put Asus Suite 2 on my pc and there was a few compatibility issues with Windows 8 so I uninstalled the program...

Realized that after I uninstalled the program, my processor was back to stock....

So I have been trying to get it back to 4.0 Ghz...Seems I cannot get it back to where it was being stable.

Got it up to 3.9Ghz and have been currently doing a scan for 45 minutes with Prime 95 and my temps are maxing out at 51c...seems to be doing better and I could live with a stable 3.9 Ghz. Just wondered if someone could look it over and see if anything I can do to increase, or if I should stay.

I have a Cooler Master V8 and temps seem to be even lower running Windows 8 compared to 7. feel I have the temp headroom to go to 4.1....is that asking for too much? Processor is about 3-4 months old...Thanks

Attachments

• CPUID.png
    CPUID.png
    48.6 KB · Views: 26
  • CPU-z a.png
    CPU-z a.png
    28.7 KB · Views: 27
  • cpuze.png
    cpuze.png
    16.6 KB · Views: 29
  • cpuzf.png
    cpuzf.png