• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NEW toy in the house......

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Mark Larson said:

Do they have different markings on the heatspreader?
from the few that i have tested they usally say intel confidential on it. I have had some with no marking at all and those i really wasnt suppose to have :) I have a few friends that works for intel and 1 guy working on testing and he always gets chips that are messed up and need some kind of modification done to it, those usally dont have any markings on the IHS. He has boxes full of IHS with no markings on them and alot of time he will need to put them on. most the time they get chips to keep is when intel gives this ES chips to the managers of some departments and then he gives them to his co-workers who wouldnt normally get a ES chip from intel they might just get a regular chip. Intel just doesnt hand out ES chips to all employees they usally are a head of some research department. All the chips i've used was when my friends who worked at intel got it from his boss. from my experience they didnt overclock better then the chips we buy from stores but it was nice to find out the boards fsb limits as well as the ram.

hipro5, why does it say 12-16 multiplyer? I never check cpuz when i had mine but my chips let me use all the multiplyers the board had. im surprised cpuz even reconizes it as a ES chip.

NoxioN said:
hipro5, why does it say 12-16 multiplyer? I never check cpuz when i had mine but my chips let me use all the multiplyers the board had. im surprised cpuz even reconizes it as a ES chip.

Yes that's the way it was.......With these ones it let me play with the 8 , 12 , 13 , 14 , 15 , 16 ......(9 , 10 and 11 are no go)......

UPDATE

I just (yesterday evening) put the Pentium4 3.2GHz ES in my Prommie..........Now this is the "Evaryday" stable frequency.........Not bad!!!.......

Everyday_def_cpu-z_png.png

CLIK for view because of huge screenshot at fulload.........

NoxioN said:
nice, but why are you using 16x ? is it nice for ram or somthing?

No.......JUST starting to test it's limits.......After that I'll be at about the same frequency with 1:1 CPU:Ram......... ;)

OIC, well very nice overclock especially for a ES chip. I've seen some 3.2's in the low 4ghz range so i probably won't expect that chip to do to much more then that. GJ

Back