• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New toys, build finally done, to cathode or not?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Metlcub

Well I finally got my new case, HS/F and keyboard today to finish my build to how I wanted it :)

Haf X case, H100, G510 keyboard :)
Case.jpg

After everything is moved from old case, cleaned and reinstalled into the Monster Haf X.
wirerouted.jpg

The Haf X case is BY far the best case I've worked with. It's got PLENTY of room, for everything. I really like my temps now too, they dropped a good 10c at idle and like 15c at load. Now time to see if I can get a better OC. My whole build is in my sig. Tomorrow I am going to get a Red Cold Cathode Light. My question is, I dont want it to be so bright that it lights up the room, I just want a nice red amber glow inside the case, a LED fan would be to bright, How Bright are the cathode rods? What size should I get, I see 4" 8" and 12"+. Any info on Cathode would be nice.

CCFLs are not that bright- I have two 12" blue ones in my rig, and the result is a nice blue glow. They seem bright initially, but their output seems to drop away quite quickly after a few weeks.

Buy a twin 12" kit, and if you think it's too bright, just use one tube and keep the other as a spare!

Where would be the best place to put it? I was thinking top, just by the side panel huddle by the lip this way it shines downward.

Back