• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new toys! first oc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EgoFumPapa

just today i got my 3.0c and a gig of ocz pc3700 gold rev2. im running it in my asus p4c800 deluxe (non E) so im now up to 3.6ghz (1.536v) with my ram at 2.5,3,3,6. hows this for a first oc? im running prime95 now, so ill leave it be for a while. but any suggestions or things to do differently? and how high do you think i can go on stock air?

i havent tried very hard yet, but mine didnt post at 250fsb. if i tweaked with it some more maybe. but one thing i did notice, is that i think it takes a bit longer to boot than it would at stock. is this unusual? or is it just me.

does it take a bit longer everytime you boot? if so, i'd bump your vcore up one step, and see if it goes away.

windows has been loading in the time of about seven loading bars length at the boot screen. i dont think its a big issue. however, i got some benchmarking programs, like 3dmark2k1 and 3dmark2k3 all worked perfectly without error. but others that stress the cpu and memory will have errors. prime95 tourture test stopped after about 43 minutes. i havent experienced anything that would make my computer out to be unstable yet, played some bf1942 at max, the machine has been on for a long time now without problem. but i did up the vcore to 1.65v, and switched the motherboard from turbo to standard. ill see how that goes now. im going to run the tourture test before i leave this morning and let it run.

one more thing. just for the record, my cpu is running at a nice 38c

Not sure I would use 1.65v with stock cooling. I usually recommend no more than 1.6v with the Intel heatsink. The CPU temp of 38 degrees sounds a little low for load temp. More likely idle temp.

Back