• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New/Upgrade build - Case cooling advice needed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xocide

Hello everyone.

What I'm currently looking at in terms of the case, case fans and CPU cooler:

Then later on I'll be switching out the Water 3.0 for a custom loop.

What I need advice and help with is:

The intake fans will be filtered with the cases air/dust filters and no filters on the exhausts. Will the placement of them with the air-filters provide good air-flow? or should I switch them out for SP fans?
(I am building with a positive-pressure in mind)

What is this case like to setup for a water-cooled loop with dual radiators?

Such as: Reservoir -> graphics card 1 -> card 2 -> radiator -> CPU -> radiator -> repeat.

Any recommendations on a better case, AIO CPU cooler and fans is also appreciated.

Last edited:
Over the years I have seen a lot of arguments on the sequence for water cooling. The last time I actually saw a test done, there was little to no difference in cooling performance. I would say that you may want to consider two separate loops for CPU and GPU but more importantly, sequence with the object being the most direct hose routes. The least number of bends and the shortest routes should help the pump and thus the loop.

Will the placement of them with the air-filters provide good air-flow? or should I switch them out for SP fans?
(I am building with a positive-pressure in mind)

The air filters should not affect air flow with the AF Series fans.

What is this case like to setup for a water-cooled loop with dual radiators?

It is a very good candidate for a custom watercooling loop. Lots of Radiator options and room for thick rads if you wish.

Such as: Reservoir -> graphics card 1 -> card 2 -> radiator -> CPU -> radiator -> repeat.

Single or double loop is your option. The only true rule to the order is the reservoir must be before the pump. Otherwise you will be running the pump dry while trying to fill the loop. A big no no.

Any recommendations on a better case, AIO CPU cooler and fans is also appreciated.

There are a lot of great watercooling cases out right now. The Thermaltake Core series are in that group. You should also look into Corsair, Phanteks, NZXT, and Fractal Designs. All great companies. There is also a link in my signature to a list of cases that have very in depth reviews on many cases. Poke through there for a bit if you'd like.

I'm not very knowledgeable on AIO coolers but I know the Corsair H110i and H115i are excellent AIO coolers for the money.

Thank you both for the replies.

I ended up grabbing the Water 3.0 Riing CPU cooler, it's performing amazingly, makes me want to move ahead sooner with the custom loop.

Will look into the cases. I did come across the Core P5 which is amazing, but I don't know how I feel about it's openness.

Back