• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new used computer not working right...advice please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ny_driver

Registered
I got a MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum, w/ Athlon 3500. I'm trying to install windows xp and so I put in the disk and setup loads the setup files, but when it gets to the point where it says windows is starting(right before it asks which partition I want to use) I get BSoD. It fires up and I can get to the bios and all that, just can't load windows. Looking for ideas...Thanks

Are you using SATA drives? If so, are they in a RAID array? If you use SATA drives, connect them to SATA ports 3 & 4. Leave SATA ports 1&2 enabled in BIOS if you are installing on a RAID. The drives can still be connected on ports 3&4.
Lock the AGP frequency at 67MHz in BIOS.

Check also that the PSU is good.

Last edited:
I got it working by loading windows 98 and then upgrading. I have no idea why it wouldn't work loading xp, but anyways on to the next problem. Thanks for the ideas.

Back