• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newbie has some quick easy questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Warshed

Registered
I heard that when burning in your cpu. the best way to do it is by lowering the fsb and muti as low as possible and up the vcore as much as possible while keeping an eye on temps for 24 hours, and then overclock and burn again??

Is this true? Want to verify?

Also I wanted to know about the L-3 bridge for AMD CPU's. If you enable it (mod it) then you get multipliers from like 5x-12.5x, right. IF you leave it unmodded the multipliers switch to like umm I think 13x-18x. This is the just of it, right? Would you recommend that I do this? Are the gains from doing the mod good?

Also umm I think that AMD 2100+ has a Vcore max of 1.85 or something like that. If you want to increase the voltage you need to mod it right. If so, is it worth it? I know that it can protentially increase stability. If it is worth it, is it difficult? Whats a link to the Vmod?

OK we need a bit more info you have a Xp2100 with the 8x bit set to high - connecting the last L3 bridges sets the 8x bit to low. (this is why you have the ranges 5.5 to 12.5 and then 13 and higher) On some mobos ALL the multis are recognised but not many so until you state your mobo we will assume yours doesnt and can only recognise the higher multis. Whether you want to have acccess to the lower multis is dependant on whether your Ram (again you need to tell us) can cope with higher FSB (in region of 180+). PC2700 and preferably PC3000 or PC3200 can but PC2100 cant. Also some of your peripherals might not be able to cope with the high FSB but this is not an issue if you have an NF2 board or a board with a 1/5 divider.

BTW welcome to the forums!

I am so sorry I am getting the ASUS deluxe with the SATA raid. Also I am planning on getting 2x 3200 ram.

Back