• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NewEgg Daily Shuffle Thread.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I recently "won" a Newegg Shuffle for an EVGA RTX 3060 XC Gaming GPU bundled it with an overpriced EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G6 Gold PSU. I had no time to think about since, when I noticed the "win", the 2-hour buy window had almost expired. It's a really good PSU with a 10-year warranty that I don't need that they charged $150 for while EVGA and another seller on Newegg are selling it for under $100. I tried to cancel, but they insisted on shipping it to me and then giving me free labels to ship them back. Each item was shipped separately. I would lose about $100 on the PSU reselling it since new they go for $60 to $75 brand new on ebay and then there's fees and shipping.

Both packages arrived yesterday, so I went on the Newegg site to return the bundle, since they say the entire bundle must be returned. But they let me just return the overpriced PSU for a credit of $154 and keep the EVGA RTX 3060 XC for a final cost to me of $477 including shipping and tax. Even gave me a free return shipping label to print. In today's insane GPU market, that's actually a reasonable price IMO. It's going in my new 12th gen i7-12700F Alder Lake box replacing my aging XFX RX 570 4GB GPU.

The moral of the story is that maybe you can buy an overpriced bundle, return the overpriced bundle item, and keep a "reasonably priced" GPU. If I could, maybe others can.

That's incredible DaveB. I've always heard the exact opposite of Newegg's Bundle policy, that if you returned one item you had to return both. Hopefully, if enough people take advantage of this policy change, Newegg will stop forcing bundles altogether. Boy, how much better the world would be if that were the case. Can you imagine?

That's incredible DaveB. I've always heard the exact opposite of Newegg's Bundle policy, that if you returned one item you had to return both. Hopefully, if enough people take advantage of this policy change, Newegg will stop forcing bundles altogether. Boy, how much better the world would be if that were the case. Can you imagine?
Yes I had to return another entire bundle I "won" several months ago. So I assumed that would be required here too. But I noticed each item was listed separately on their order page and figured I'd initiate the return on the PSU first just to see what would happen. Then it went through the process, allowed me to print a free return shipping label and I dropped it off at UPS.

I wish I had checked, as the PSU came 2 days before the GPU came...tho I was keeping the GPU in any case and suffering the PSU cost indignity...:cautious:

I wish I had checked, as the PSU came 2 days before the GPU came...tho I was keeping the GPU in any case and suffering the PSU cost indignity...:cautious:
On the positive side, they are excellent PSUs with a 10-year warranty. But I didn't need it and on a cheaper GPU bundle the extra cost is more of a burden then if you purchased a high-end GPU like an RTX 3080 Ti.

On the positive side, they are excellent PSUs with a 10-year warranty. But I didn't need it and on a cheaper GPU bundle the extra cost is more of a burden then if you purchased a high-end GPU like an RTX 3080 Ti.
Yes...I have a 750,850.1000 and a 700...all unused with great warranties...:p

Guess the world has a surplus of PSUs? I love a nice PSU as much as the next guy, but I can only use so many!

My Seasonic M12D 850W still runs strong and I've pushed it hard 24/7 at times.

I have an evga 850 GQ and Corsair RM850 (yellow label) that had been running 24/7 @ 60-80% load since last year February. I also have a bq! Pure Power 11 500W that's been running 24/7 since about March (but much lower load).

Yeah I had the 700W...and the 850w , than two 3000 series seemed to need a 1000...but still not enough vga cables , so splurged on the 1300W as therotecilly with extenders I could run 3 GPU's in one PC. Just can't get enough money for the used ones to bother getting rid of them...I don't think I have had a PSU actually fail in 30 years.

Oh to change the subject EVGA just sent another email changing the SKU of a GPU I was on the notify list, so I still hold out hope that another notify will be forthcoming as all indications are that supply is increasing.

Yes I had to return another entire bundle I "won" several months ago. So I assumed that would be required here too. But I noticed each item was listed separately on their order page and figured I'd initiate the return on the PSU first just to see what would happen. Then it went through the process, allowed me to print a free return shipping label and I dropped it off at UPS.
Newegg issued the refund for the PSU today so the bundle story has concluded. And the EVGA 3060 is running great.

Very tempting I have it in my cart...and I can still return my unopened Asus 3070 Ti.🤔 If it was an EVGA it would be done already....Just printed my return label, and I hope the 3080 Ti goes out of stock while I am deciding...😅

Last edited:
There must've been a big Gigabyte drop Friday because most of theirs are still in stock and fairly close to MSRP. A couple ASUS too but they are a little over priced though.

I've noticed that they have not had a shuffle since last week. When I looked on the site, I see various RTX 3xxx cards for sale and sold by Newegg. I'm starting to think that perhaps the backlog is mostly caught up and therefore the lottery system may be on hold for now. Of course, prices are still high.

Back