• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg going downhill

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I find that UPS does this frequently. They say the package will arrive a few days after it should and deliver it "early". Not sure if this is intentional or not.

It is intentional. It's the same with IT at my work.

e.x
Its Monday
Client asks "I need Blah Blah program to do a new task my supervisor assigned me. How long will it take so i can tell my supervisor I will not be able to start till then." I tell the Client "I should be able to get it done by friday." Knowing it should not take a week to load a program.

Tuesday night comes, I install the program and test it.

Client come in to work, I follow up and make sure it works to their liking. Then i get praised because I got the project finished before my estimated date.

So by UPS telling you it will be Monday when the package arrives, and you get it friday, a normal (unknowledgeable) person will say "HOT DANG, That UPS is so amazing they got my package here before they said they could!!!" they think this because they dont think about the little things and realize UPS only said Monday to Cover their butts if it wasnt there by then.

Also Monday 7-18-11 is Technically 3-day shipping the 12th does not count because thats the day it left and they do not ship on weekends..

Glad you got the package tho :thup:

thats ok i ordered something for my fiance through the egg overnight, a week later, i contact them on the phone and im like wtf? they are like uhh yea wel get it shipped out today, next morning it was on my doorstep. lol

Up 2 posts, he received it
I know. I'm just saying, in general, it doesn't do a lot of good for UPS to show an 'estimated delivery' that breaks their guarantee, only to have them deliver it 'early' (on time) later. If they do actually break their guarantee, you can get your $$ back.

I have a cure, order the stuff straight from china, it takes so long , that the next order from newegg acts like its been delivered by Quicksilver , or Superman :)

YES YOU'RE RIGHT! Are you happy now? You're going to make a great wife someday princess! :grouphug:

:censored::censored::censored::censored:ing douche!

Its ok man, everything will get better for you soon. I see life is tough right now but cheer up, tracking updates will get better in the future!

I bit OT here, but UPS does this all the time. I am willing to bet that Newegg (and other companies) hand the package off in a very timely manner only to have UPS drag their feet. Their tracking is the worst I've ever seen. People can say all they want about the USPS, but their tracking is spot on. Also with UPS, they will delay a package to make it 3-day. I've had packages ship from Chicago via three day and actually receive them three days later. I can drive from the east coast to the west coast in two days, but UPS can't drive a package 30 mi in less than three?

Have you ever used USPS tracking? Their shipping is fantastic, but their tracking is absolute trash. I get a package before the number "is in their system".

Have you ever used USPS tracking? Their shipping is fantastic, but their tracking is absolute trash. I get a package before the number "is in their system".

Obviously I've used USPS tracking if I just vouched for how good it was... I don't know what your PO is doing, but when I ship an item with delivery confirmation, one day later I have up-to-the-hour tracking and a delivery date that's actually true. Actually, I get the same service even when someone else ships a package to me.

Obviously I've used USPS tracking if I just vouched for how good it was... I don't know what your PO is doing, but when I ship an item with delivery confirmation, one day later I have up-to-the-hour tracking and a delivery date that's actually true. Actually, I get the same service even when someone else ships a package to me.
Weird. It's always been terrible for me.

I don't understand why more companies don't use USPS. I had to ship my graphics card twice from MI to CA, I used priority, and both times it took one business day (Shipped Saturday, they received Monday).

Their tracking isn't too bad, but a delivery estimate would be nice.

Their tracking isn't too bad, but a delivery estimate would be nice.
They give you their estimate at the post office when you send it. Priority is supposed to be 2-3 days. The only difference is that there's no guarantee it'll be there - it just *ought* to be there in 2-3 days, which it almost always is.

I bit OT here, but UPS does this all the time. I am willing to bet that Newegg (and other companies) hand the package off in a very timely manner only to have UPS drag their feet. Their tracking is the worst I've ever seen. People can say all they want about the USPS, but their tracking is spot on. Also with UPS, they will delay a package to make it 3-day. I've had packages ship from Chicago via three day and actually receive them three days later. I can drive from the east coast to the west coast in two days, but UPS can't drive a package 30 mi in less than three?

Thats because ups is in the on time business. Early is not on time. UPS will fine their drivers for being early just as much as being late. They do the same to dock personel for accepting shipments early. This means your package will sit on a pup trailer on the yard until it's time to scan it in.

May suck for the individual, but it keeps their packages flowing on schedule as many trailers are preplanned for x amount of shipments. Adding yours early could mean something else is late because there wasn't enough room.

For simplicities purpose UPS is not going to try and guess, on a case by case basis, whether your package is going to bump anything else if they ship it early, either.

I'm all done with this forum, this place use to be awesome but has severely gone down hill lately. Especially with people like doz, I really don't mean to bash you but this place is filled with people like you and that's too bad. This place had a lot of good people here but they don't seem to post anymore or even bother with this place. I'm following suit, had a few good years here but I'm done. This is my last post and last visit. See ya! :salute:

I went back and read his posts. I don't see anything wrong with them.

If you think there is going to be a better forum, good luck, there isn't one. I've read a lot of forums and it isn't just coincidence that I only post here.

They give you their estimate at the post office when you send it. Priority is supposed to be 2-3 days. The only difference is that there's no guarantee it'll be there - it just *ought* to be there in 2-3 days, which it almost always is.

That's the truth. I've seen maybe one late package from USPS. I honestly don't deal with UPS unless I am buying online because I choose to work with USPS instead. However, I don't recall being happy with the UPS tracking. However, if the tracking is wrong and I get the package, I can deal. But if the tracking says I'll get it on X day and I get it on x+1 day, then I'm upset.

Thats because ups is in the on time business. Early is not on time. UPS will fine their drivers for being early just as much as being late. They do the same to dock personel for accepting shipments early. This means your package will sit on a pup trailer on the yard until it's time to scan it in.

May suck for the individual, but it keeps their packages flowing on schedule as many trailers are preplanned for x amount of shipments. Adding yours early could mean something else is late because there wasn't enough room.

For simplicities purpose UPS is not going to try and guess, on a case by case basis, whether your package is going to bump anything else if they ship it early, either.

It makes sense when put that way. Actually makes a whole lot of sense. I wonder though, are their mail car-truck-things always full, or is it just a constant policy to not deliver early?

Back