• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg going downhill

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I dont know, but Im sure it might be policy. You have to realize too as someone else mentioned awhile back that people expect things on a certain date, even setup arrangements for it to be accepted. If the date is wrong, it screws up the delivery and makes people mad as well.

I dont know, but Im sure it might be policy. You have to realize too as someone else mentioned awhile back that people expect things on a certain date, even setup arrangements for it to be accepted. If the date is wrong, it screws up the delivery and makes people mad as well.
I remember that when Newegg had FedEx they would often deliver early. That was great, especially with no signature confirmation. I used to get stuff up in Washington in two days.

Makes sense for UPS to have that policy, I suppose, but it certainly doesn't make them look as efficient as FedEx did.

What he said. While we can all understand that their policies ensure packages on time, it doesn't make the customer happy to wait an extra day while their item sits. :shrug:

No it doesnt, but they do have a system in place and if packages arrive ontime then why would they want to change that?

I too remember when FexEx Saver shipping was used at Newegg. It was great as packages got to me within a day usually, but alot of times they were also late. UPS is ontime always (well for the most part) whereas FedEx might be early one time and late another.

From a business perspective they are smart and honestly remembering how mad I used to be about FedEx rerouting stuff and being late I guess Ive taken their "ontime" for granted.

I'm starting to see a trend with Newegg the past couple of months. My latest gripe, I ordered another LG 32" HD LCD TV on Monday for my brother (I'm the friends and family purchaser) so I get all the automated emails telling me my card has been charged, etc..... I chose the 3 day UPS shipping so I told him he would have it by the weekend for sure (he was going to buy it at the local BB but I figured I would save him sales tax and have it in a couple days) well my order wasn't processed until 11:00PM on Tuesday, hmmm that's strange but no big deal it will still be here by Friday so that's cool. NOPE, checked the tracking and the delivery date is 7/18/11. For 3 day shipping??? I know it says on the website it can take up to 48 hours for processing so please don't link me to that! It was processed in 24 hours and shipped on Tuesday according to my tracking info and it won't be here until Monday?! That equals 5 day shipping in my book which is unacceptable to me, so I shoot an email first thing this morning to customer support to find out what's going on. I still haven't got any response, this has happened way too much for me the past couple of months.

I recommend this place to a lot of people and tell them the service and shipping are amazing and lately people are rolling their eyes at me when items take 3 days to process and a week to ship! BB seems to be right there with Newegg on prices lately so I think I'm finally giving up on Newegg and shopping locally and i'll inform the others to do the same.

Ok my rant is over, thank you and have a nice weekend....... :escape:

EDIT: I hate to be one of those people, and I'm usually not but this has been bugging me for a while now so that's why I posted this. I don't post hate threads from a one time incident so that's not what this is. I'm tired of their lack of customer service and loyalty, I spend an ***-LOAD of money with them and if they don't respect that they can kiss my ***! :popcorn:

Hello dylskee,

I apologize for the delay that occurred. Please Pm me your order details and I’ll do everything we can to make this right.
Thanks,
Maverick.

Although they've never responded to my requests regarding this, I'm sure that this is the case, otherwise, they'd not turn down +$50K a year in sales from us.
I'm guessing they save a bit more than that with a UPS contract. I honestly don't think they would even register it on their graphs.

Ive been using NewEgg for well over 10 years,, but lately ,, something has changed.
Check out this "Grade A", sold and shipped by Newegg, "refurbished' computer i just got.
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883164455
It looks nothing like the condition of the PC in the product pictures.
The cooling fins were completely blocked. everything in the computer was coated in a white powder and dust. like it came from a corn products refinery , or a rock quarry or something. The fine dust even puffed out when the CD tray opened and closed. The front vents were loaded with the stuff. HOW IN THE WORLD could that be considered "Grade A"?
39001014360_a9e3f826c9_k.jpg
Newegg will not post my honest review and they delete my comments when i try to warn people.
I can't send it back because it's a no refund item. And i suspect i would have to pay for the postage to get it back to them.
The on-line help is like talking to a 3 year old, i feel like they couldn't even tie their shoestrings if they had to.
Things are changing there ,,, and definitely not for the better.

Ive been using NewEgg for well over 10 years,, but lately ,, something has changed.
Check out this "Grade A", sold and shipped by Newegg, "refurbished' computer i just got.
The cooling fins were completely blocked. everything in the computer was coated in a white powder and dust. like it came from a corn products refinery , or a rock quarry or something. The fine dust even puffed out when the CD tray opened and closed. The front vents were loaded with the stuff. HOW IN THE WORLD could that be considered "Grade A"?
Newegg will not post my honest review and they delete my comments when i try to warn people.
I can't send it back because it's a no refund item. And i suspect i would have to pay for the postage to get it back to them.
The on-line help is like talking to a 3 year old, i feel like they couldn't even tie their shoestrings if they had to.

This is why I no longer buy refurbished goods from any vendor (and I rarely buy anything used for that matter). I've gotten burned a few times in the past (including once from Newegg) and that was enough to steer me away from used electronics.

WOW, that's just pathetic. I assume Newegg is just the middle man here but should assume some sort of liability for this. That's not acceptable by any means. Whoever "refurb'd" it must have just hit the button it started and in the box, it went.

I honestly can't see a problem with that computer...

because the cloud of dust has obscured my vision to the point I'm now blind.

Hello Dave,

I'm so sorry to hear about this and the condition you received the unit in. That is definitely not right. Please send me a private message with your order information so I can further look into this for you.

Thank you,
Louis [Newegg Support]

Hello Dave,

I'm so sorry to hear about this and the condition you received the unit in. That is definitely not right. Please send me a private message with your order information so I can further look into this for you.

Thank you,
Louis [Newegg Support]

Louis,

Glad to see you responded. When you look into it might I suggest a dust mask and eye protection? ;)

Hello Dave,

Thank you,
Louis [Newegg Support]
I really appreciate the rep taking the time to reply in the forum.
I guess now i will just keep it considering i have already spent several hours time disassembling and cleaning it throughly. (something that should of already been done)

Last edited:
Back