• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NewEgg pricing debacle... [rant=on]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I haven't run into any of these pricing problems myself, but I must say that navigating their site is becoming annoying.

Now, when I'm browsing for something specific or just doing pricing research I'll normally choose to right-click and open a product's page in a new tab. Lately though, when I go and do this at Newegg the page will open up and half the time the page doesn't load, just their banner at the top of the page and then blank from there down. So, I have to left-click on the item and get there that way, then it works (usually).

Having to add something to my cart just to see the price is getting annoying though.

That would be nice, if the rep had given you that option. But, they have denied using the option to send an email to the rep in their settings to contact them. :bang head You can only send them a PM or leave a visitor message. And they still haven't logged in since 10/11/11.

I don't think you can count on support from the Newegg rep here any more.:rain: It's a shame to see a company going downhill like this, IMO.

Does that mean we should stop going to them for business? If they won't talk, then it may suggest they don't care anymore.

That is up to each of us to decide on. But I wouldn't count on the level of support we are used to in the past from Newegg. You might as well price at other major online stores too and buy on price alone, as it looks to me like Newegg has scaled back their customer support. I usually check at 3-4 different placed nowadays and if Amazon is close in pricing, I will buy through them because I have had good support from Amazon.

Back