• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NewEgg Refurb Items Suck

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Newegg Support said:
no one is perfect (including Newegg).
Say it isn't so :( hehe sorry I had to throw that in. Anyways I knew the newegg guy would be here soon.

deathstar13 said:
usually id call them directly first.
if im not happy id contact a forum contact.
if need be even further to company officials. trust me they read the threads also.
then in the end if i still wasnt satisfied id post a thread and resellerratings.

That's my usual route in getting support also.

I read it [email protected] noticed it as well..I say pretty brave to RMA a board cleary moded and with out a heat sink and then have it end up as a refurb..

I think new Egg neds an off site return area where all returns can be tested and eather sent back to manufacture or placed back for sale after it is known weather it works or not..

Clearly based on there comments all there doing is taking returns and reselling them....Thats sily and in the end must cost as much as it nets them... :bang head

Using the term REFURB is completly misleading and I hope what SilverSinkSam quoted is in as big colorfull print as he posted it ! !

Last edited:
I would think that newegg saves money by not testing it. They usually don't have the refurbs sent back. I've bought plenty with zero issues. It's once in a blue moon that someone comes in here angry at the refurb section, but in reality newegg makes up for it.

I think the whole thing is done correctly on newegg's part. I don't see anything wrong with it b/c they make up for the mishaps.

Back