• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Newegg Sales

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Also that Lenovo. I know they're just 750s, but you don't see many laptops with two SLI'd cards as well as an i7 in the sub $1000 range.

A heads up on those Lenovo gaming laptops. There is no easy option to only use 1 of the vid cards, or even to switch to the Intel vid controller, which you can't do at all. It's SLI, all the time, unless you pull out the 2nd card and put the dvd drive in.

This laptop has also been the same price on NewEgg/Amazon since ~October '13. This is not on sale. Hell, get it on Amazon, ships free with 2 day if you have Prime, and the SquareTrade 2-year warranty is $15 cheaper than the NewEgg warranty.

Also, the CPU is incorrect, on ALL listings of these laptops. The CPU is actually the lower powered 4702MQ, not the 4700MQ as advertised, paired with NON-low power DDR3. So you get less performance, and no real power savings.

I was looking at getting one of these until I found this information out, a bit sneaky on their part. I do a lot of travelling, so the more versatility i could get the better. Ended up getting an ASUS G750JW. Heavier, and $150 or so more depending where you get it, but faster cpu, better gpu, and larger screen. Downside is it is a 10-lbs. laptop, and finding a bag was a PITA lol.

As always folks, read, read READ before you make your purchases! :thup:

Last edited:
2/4/14

DAYUM HD 7970s' prices have gone up. D8 Stoopid bitcoin mining. :(
Those Pioneer SP-BS41-LRs are an absolute steal for $70 (after $30 MIR). I almost want to buy them but...must...not...collect...SPEAKERS.

Last edited:
2/4/14

DAYUM HD 7970s' prices have gone up. D8 Stoopid bitcoin mining. :(
Those Pioneer SP-BS41-LRs are an absolute steal for $70 (after $30 MIR). I almost want to buy them but...must...not...collect...SPEAKERS.

I bet if they did an episode of hoarders with you, all you would see is speakers. lol

I bet if they did an episode of hoarders with you, all you would see is speakers. lol

My family concurs with this statement. xD

And it would indeed be both speakers and headphones. I have always been fascinated by transducers, especially those that operate via magnets. That's what sparked my interest in physics.

man 25 cents/gb is just around the corner....although it makes me feel old because I remember when it was a big deal when hard drives hit that point.

seems to me these "mystery deals" have been better than their ususal daily sales

Back