• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Newegg Sales

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think that deal already expired. Plus it was a powercolor and not well rated. This one's an MSI.

If it was the PCS+, that problem is very overblown. I owned 4 PCS+ 290s. 1 had the "black screen" issue. It's a BIOS fix. Well worth it considering how well the cards function in the noise/heat department.

No idea.

Personally I wouldn't buy a card until AMD lets the 300 series out of the chute. All rumors are they're going to leapfrog the gtx970 and 980 with them and not have the split memory issue that the 970 has.

Looking for a monitor deal to replace one for my niece that is turning green all of a sudden.

Was gonna get this AOC IPS Refurb for $101 (free Premier 3-day shipping):

AOC i2367F-B Black / Silver 23" 5ms Widescreen LED Backlight LCD Monitor, IPS Panel 250 cd/m2 50,000,000:1

then saw this one on today's deals page:

ASUS VN248H-P Slim Bezel Black 23.8" 5ms (GTG) HDMI Widescreen LED Backlight LCD Monitor IPS 80,000,000:1, Built-in Speakers

Anyone got experience with that cheap AOC? My understanding is IPS is great stuff, never used one, myself, but any reason I should pay that much extra for the ASUS? It's $70 more or so, so I'm thinking probably not. I don't know that I'll find a better deal around than the $101 23" AOC IPS. But I'm open to ideas. ;)

A general bit of advice about LCD monitors is to check around to see if you can find out of either of them uses pulse width modulation to vary their brightness.

It can have a really negative effect on a lot of people and cause bad headaches with extended viewing.

If you want more info on what pulse width modulation is and a partial list of monitors that don't use it see this link: http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/pulse_width_modulation.htm

Agreed... and HDMI isn't a factor in this decision. Oh well... I just feel "nervous" about an IPS for ~$100... just can't make myself believe it's going to be good. lol

AOC is a cheaper brand but all those companies use the same panels anyway. I wouldn't worry too much about it. It's a refurb and 1440P+ displays are coming into vogue. That's the reason for the low price.

is that an rs 232 on the back of that?
oh and AOC as a brand generally get the low quality panels. they all may come from the same manufacturer but they all have varying degrees of quality. get a lot of AOC returns at work

is that an rs 232 on the back of that?
oh and AOC as a brand generally get the low quality panels. they all may come from the same manufacturer but they all have varying degrees of quality. get a lot of AOC returns at work

There's no such thing as an RS232 port. RS232 is a standard that includes a protocol and several different ports :) That's a DE-15 port, commonly used with those blue-ended cables for VGA :)

Last edited:
I ended up with another AOC similar model, but I found it a couple bucks cheaper on The Egg, and with the Standard Return Policy, not the "Recertified Limited Replacement Only Return Policy" like the previous one. I think it may have been a mistake, but I ran with it. Seems odd to me they'd advertise a refurb'd monitor with their Standard Return Policy, but hey, it is what it is.

There's no such thing as an RS232 port. RS232 is a standard that includes a protocol and several different ports :) That's a DE-15 port, commonly used with those blue-ended cables for VGA :)

On my phone out looks like only 2 rows of pins and i know it's not xga.

It's D-Sub video. Is that a bad thing? It's got D-Sub and DVI, which works for me. HDMI is good, but not a necessity or even really an issue with my niece's computer.

Awesome price on the EVGA 970, the 3TB Red, and the P2314H.

I was actually eyeing those P2314Hs (finally got something right, SCORE)

The only reason I didn't get 3 for a mulit-monitor setup that actually has 3 similar monitors is I was looking to upgrade from 1080p monitors at the same time.

Back