• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Newegg Sales

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Keep in mind, the 250GB 850 EVO is only $118.
I'd spend the extra $40 for double capacity, personally.

Yes, depending on what you're using it for the extra space isn't relevant, but if you want the space either one is an excellent drive.

Don't forget, the 120GB isn't as good on the write performance as the larger drives.
Mostly on the 4K write.

Not saying the 120GB won't perform exceptionally, just making sure you're aware.

Yikes! Where did you buy? I think I paid about $125 for mine at the beginning of Jan. :shrug:

Ok, I was wrong, sorry. I paid $133 shipped via Amazon Prime on Jan 17th. My bad. Still a smokin' good deal. Makes me wanna pick up a coupla more.

Seeing a price like that makes me wonder what's going on with the SSD market in general. That's mouth wateringly cheap for one of the best drives you can buy.

They've finally got the process nailed down, they're selling more than ever, new form factors are coming out, and the market is competitive. That's what's going on with the prices.

They've finally got the process nailed down, they're selling more than ever, new form factors are coming out, and the market is competitive. That's what's going on with the prices.

All true. I'm guessing it's a big case of those drives that aren't the best being good enough, because the 850 line is the best you can get from a sata performance SSD today by a pretty good margin, especially when power use and endurance are taken into account.

Back