• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg, UPS lost package

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Out here in the boondocks, the UPS and FedEx guys are alright in my book.
Both would leave a package inside my unlocked back door, and I actually had to intercept the UPS guy once the front door/porch was replaced and used as the main entrance once again. They now both leave deliveries inside the front porch door.

With FedEx, I actually had to sign a signature card that allowed them to leave anything without a signature, but the drivers only keep that info in their portables for 2 years, requiring a new one be filled out.

I've had the same two drivers for years now, actually longer than the USPS mail lady.

LOOOL That's wonderful! :clap::clap::clap::clap:

I had this happen last year with a video card. You can setup signature confirmation with UPS, or even have them just hold your packages at the nearest facility.

Of course Newegg replaced it and I had it a few days later. Ive spent maybe $4000 with them, so they didn't even wait for UPS to do any investigation or anything.

UPS delivery guy was pissed. Apparently it was going to come out of his pocket. We had words.

For as much talk about dishonesty, it obviously doesn't happen enough to hurt Newegg's bottom line enough for them to do anything about it. They left everything in my sig in one box on the same porch that the gpu was stolen from.

I always call UPS "Ghost logistics" if you are not already at the door when they knock, they are gone faster than you could ever run to the door. I swear they knock and run.

Can you tell us how much it would cost UPS (the customers really, when passed on) to have the drivers waiting to see if someone shows up at the door? Think big, think thousands of drivers, millions of packages...... i dont know how much it would cost either, I'm sure UPS does though. I'm also sure that they have it figured out that its cheaper to replace a few packages, then have drivers waiting for people to answer the door and waiting for sigs, and bringing packages back several times till they get one.

Yeah these drivers have a incredibly difficult job, made so by UPS themselves. They track them, they question them routinely about how they can speed up their routes, they are graded, and they are fired. Its very competitive. You finally get behind the wheel and you dont want to lose it.

I read an article on it awhile back. It sounds like it sucks pretty bad. Very stressful.

At my previous address, my ups guy would always honk the horn when he got down my street. it was unmistakable for any other horn. when newegg had fedex as their primary shipper way back, i never got my packages delivered. i would have a sticker on the door saying this was the 3rd and last attempt (where there was no sign of 1st and 2nd attempts). always had to pick it up from fedex myself. now i just have stuff delivered to work, usually get my stuff by 9 am since it is a business. that leaves the remainder of the work day to play with the items ordered :).

Yeah these drivers have a incredibly difficult job, made so by UPS themselves. They track them, they question them routinely about how they can speed up their routes, they are graded, and they are fired. Its very competitive. You finally get behind the wheel and you dont want to lose it.

I read an article on it awhile back. It sounds like it sucks pretty bad. Very stressful.

Unfortunately, people in general are the cause of companies having to "rule" this way. Give an inch, they take a mile.... Can you imagine if even 25% of the drivers were slackers, how costly that could be? If they didnt keep a tight reign, im sure that number would be higher than that. The people that it really sucks for is the ones who take pride in their work and want to do a good job.

I don't think it's people's fault that UPS didn't even ship out my package till the second day after i ordered it, and then moved it a whole 2 hours (of a 20 hours trip) and then let it sit there through most all of the 3rd day :bang head

One time, UPS gave my package to my neighbor. I didn't know what happened until a week later when one of my neighbors saw me at the fence at remembered that they received my package. Good thing my neighbors are pretty honest.

UPS is awful. I always have vendors ship FedEx when ever possible and submit a request on the FedEx website to pick my package up at a FedEx store/distribution center; UPS gave me a hard time when I tried doing that through them.

Back