• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg vs. Amazon -- FIGHT!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
depends which state i am in. if they charge tax to that state, ill go with the other company. if no tax, and both have free 2 day shipping. ill go with newegg cuz i think amazon has enough money =P

Whichever is cheaper for me since I have Shoprunner and Amazon Prime. If they are similar price though, I will usually go with Amazon since I have their credit card and earn triple points by buying from them. :D

I use both with no problems, though I tend to go for Newegg. No taxes and if they have it is stock in Secaucus NJ I usually get it the next day.
same, i love 1-2 day shipping at no extra cost. i order from both i love newegg because the reviews are better and more abundant. so if i had to see how a item worked with say, my mobo, i just type it in and it finds reviews. i know amzon has this feature also. but theres always more reviews on newegg. also the videos are very helpful to a noob like me.

If they're the same price, then it boils down to shipping costs. If they're both free, then Amazon I guess since I have prime, though they've failed before with 2 day shipping turning into 7 day shipping. :/

Same price and no shipping charge???, probably go with Amazon. I have both shop runner and amazon prime though.
Amazon beats Newegg on return process. Newegg is kinda pain to return while Amazon is lot easier (you can do all online) and no restocking so far i know and in most cases return shipping is free.

On top, i have amazon.com creditcard so i earn triple points on amazon purchase.

Amazon Prime changed my preference when I want something in my hands quicker. Newegg's prices have gone up too on several items. Obviously they still provide some good shell shocker/e-blast coupons so the best thing to do is determine which is best for you at the time of the purchase and weight the pros and cons of each vendor each time you want a new product. Has anyone had a better experience with one over the over regarding bulk purchasing?

I use both primarily for big sources of customer reviews. Thankfully, more websites and stores are following this.

Back