• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg vs. Amazon -- FIGHT!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

noname2020x

If a product you were looking for were to be the same price at both Amazon.com and Newegg.com, who would you buy it from and why?

RMAs?
Shipping?
Product Quality?

Newegg, I have a free years worth of a shop runner account good for free 2day shipping.

Either. I have had no problems with either vendor... but queue 'horror' stories of singular experiences from everyone else.

I use both with no problems, though I tend to go for Newegg. No taxes and if they have it is stock in Secaucus NJ I usually get it the next day.

i prefer newegg because they generally have more deals, but either doesnt matter to me ;)

Newegg is usually cheaper for me.
I haven't had issues with either vendor.

Newegg, cause I can probably find a combo deal to make it not the same price :D.

No problem for either one though. I've never actually ordered parts from Amazon though, but I have ordered a whole bunch of other stuff.

Haven't ordered pc parts from Amazon yet but have ordered other things, it just boil down to shipping cost and speed.

Newegg, cause I can probably find a combo deal to make it not the same price :D.

No problem for either one though. I've never actually ordered parts from Amazon though, but I have ordered a whole bunch of other stuff.

So true for you!

For me, newegg, but just because I haven't ordered many things from amazon, and only have used it when absolutely necessary because their page layout and navigation just blows compared to newegg... I like neweggs filtering and other navigational features when looking for similar products or price ranges.

I do like newegg less these days than I did in the past. I feel they are watering down their brand by selling items not actually from newegg, the same way its done on walmart.com. I feel their technical stuff that made them popular should have been broken off as its own brand, and sister sites should have launched to sell the rest of that other crap... It may not make sense from a business point, but all the other crap annoys me.

If the price is the same or cheaper on Newegg, I'll buy it on Newegg. If it's more than a dollar or two cheaper on Amazon, I'll get it there instead.

Newegg doesn't tax me, Amazon usually does.

I do like newegg less these days than I did in the past. I feel they are watering down their brand by selling items not actually from newegg, the same way its done on walmart.com. I feel their technical stuff that made them popular should have been broken off as its own brand, and sister sites should have launched to sell the rest of that other crap... It may not make sense from a business point, but all the other crap annoys me.
Agreed! They keep trying to sell me air filters for cars when I search for PSUs...

Newegg. They take Paypal. For me, the fact that Amazon doesn't is a deal breaker.

The only occasion I'll shop at Amazon for computer parts is if they have something that Newegg doesn't have or their price is significantly cheaper. The former can happen, but the latter is extremely rare.

SuperBiiz

They always write out the batch numbers of CPUs on the shipping list and put it on the outside of the package so I get to see it before I open the package. :D

I would like an AmaSuperEgg...

Newegg. If it's the same price , or even close , I try to keep my business with particular vendors. That way if I need some kindness from them at some point , I can point to having given them my business/loyatly and. It's served me well over the years. I think most business' appreciate long-term customers and are willing to go the extra mile for them sometimes. IMO.

Amazon, seems reversed for me...

Amazon, no shipping or tax...almost always cheaper. Free prime account for college sudents btw... (or if you still have access to old college email...)

Newegg, taxes and usally shipping...

I have had no issues with either vendor. Newegg would be my choice though, I always get my packages within two days from their NJ warehouse. Even with the "Egg Saver" shipping, and they generally have more tech specs for products. Plus, they have Paul doing unboxings and benchmarks with some products.

I've only had to RMA 1 thing in the 6 years I've been buying hardware from them, and the RMA was quick and painless.

Edit: I also will be less likely to buy from Amazon now that they built a warehouse here in SC, online taxes are suppose to go in effect for us soon.

Back