• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg's Eggxpert Review Program

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hey I'm new to the site but I have been here many times as a guest reading reviews and such. I recently was invited to this program from Newegg and though I didn't read through the entire thread I did read the first few pages.

i thought I would add (if it hasn't already been stated) that Newegg requires that you sign an agreement and in said agreement they want your debit/credit card info to keep on file. the reason for this is some items they send you to review must be returned. This is decided by the vendor and not Newegg. if you fail to return an item in the time period specified newegg charges your card the entire retail cost of the item.

Just thought people should know that. Some might not be willing to give over that info knowing that they could be charged for something (though this is completely avoided if you follow the rules)

I've spent thousands of dollars at newegg over the years and I've done tons of newegg reviews (which are very basic).

According to the email I received they choose people that are voted helpful in their reviews. So I suppose I have received enough: 'was this review helpful?' votes that Newegg decided to invite me.

That said I used to do reviews for a tech-site and I have no interest in doing in depth reviews any longer but I will provide the same sort of 'newegg' reviews I currently provide after buying something from them. I will put a little more heart into it now but I'm not too worried about it.

Anyways I thought I'd post up. I'll see how it works out.

Hey I'm new to the site but I have been here many times as a guest reading reviews and such. I recently was invited to this program from Newegg and though I didn't read through the entire thread I did read the first few pages.

i thought I would add (if it hasn't already been stated) that Newegg requires that you sign an agreement and in said agreement they want your debit/credit card info to keep on file. the reason for this is some items they send you to review must be returned. This is decided by the vendor and not Newegg. if you fail to return an item in the time period specified newegg charges your card the entire retail cost of the item.

Just thought people should know that. Some might not be willing to give over that info knowing that they could be charged for something (though this is completely avoided if you follow the rules)

I've spent thousands of dollars at newegg over the years and I've done tons of newegg reviews (which are very basic).

According to the email I received they choose people that are voted helpful in their reviews. So I suppose I have received enought 'was this review helpful?' votes that Newegg decided to invite me.

That said I used to do reviews for a tech-site and I have no interest in doing in depth reviews any longer but I will provide the same sort of 'newegg' reviews I currently provide after buying something from them. I will put a little more heart into it now but I'm not too worried about it.

Anyways I thought I'd post up. I'll see how it works out.

Let us know what you think of the process once you've done a few, the perspective of a professional reviewer is one I've been waiting for.

I would hope people actually read the agreement before giving their cc info, it wasnt that long (like 8 pages?) unlike some 500+ pg contracts from other places

anyway another review done, gonna resell item on ebay and await for next invitation (probably nothing but networking stuff again...)

I still haven't heard from them. Still good because this house project is taking a LOT longer than expected. I'm starting to wonder if I'm actually not part of the program anymore though... if so, it was fun while it lasted.

I wouldn't worry, the gap between items can be quite long. I've had 3 items at once and then nothing for 6 weeks.

I'd love to get into this, sounds like fun.

Unfortunately very few people have liked any of my reviews though. I've had maybe two of my reviews where someone said they were helpful, but I've probably written at least a dozen.

nice, I guess we had to waddle through all the less desired items (networking, flash drives, ect...) to start getting the good stuff
which psu is it?

this was an official review package from sandisk it seems
came in a large plain black cardboard box, contained a message about thanking you for joining the sandisk review program, a 4GB mini flash drive, specs sheet, micro fiber cloth, and the ssd in a retail box
the actual ssd box was already opened along with the internal bag, hdd seems brand new though, dont see any marks on the connectors

also got another review request for another internet wall adapter which I denied since I already got and reviewed a different one

Don't think they'll be in the program long. They're sending me an unmanaged switch as my latest doodad. Not very challenging review wise.

Back