• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg's Eggxpert Review Program

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
We'll back you up, Bobnova.

GIVE BOBNOVA
images

ALL THE PSU'S

from what I have read on the particulars for invites its based not so much on tenure or $$$ spent but content of reviews you have done in past and whether or not others have clicked that little did this review help you at the bottom of the reviews.

Honestly, maybe I was invited by accident... :rofl:

I mean, I tried to make informative reviews, but a lot of the stuff I didn't know how to review it properly, or how to write a review, or whatever. I want to use this as an opportunity to write better hardware reviews though.

I have to say, and this isn't meant to sound like bragging, that I'm very appreciative to be in this program. I had the switch show up today and was sent another email for a router they have. I've never had surplus cash to throw at electronics like some (current rig is a budget machine) even though they are my one true love.

I'm also an unemployed stay at home dad of a one year old so this gives me something to do during the night and gives me purpose. After a year of stinky diapers and "goo-goo gaga" I feel like I'm finally able to do something productive, I enjoy doing it, and hopefully helps people in the future make senseable buying decisions.

I guess that's enough venting for now but Newegg if you're reading this, from the bottom of my heart, thank you very much for giving me this opportunity and making me feel important for a change!

I have to say, and this isn't meant to sound like bragging, that I'm very appreciative to be in this program. I had the switch show up today and was sent another email for a router they have. I've never had surplus cash to throw at electronics like some (current rig is a budget machine) even though they are my one true love.

I'm also an unemployed stay at home dad of a one year old so this gives me something to do during the night and gives me purpose. After a year of stinky diapers and "goo-goo gaga" I feel like I'm finally able to do something productive, I enjoy doing it, and hopefully helps people in the future make senseable buying decisions.

I guess that's enough venting for now but Newegg if you're reading this, from the bottom of my heart, thank you very much for giving me this opportunity and making me feel important for a change!

I'm glad you got invited into the program too, then. :)

I've submitted my review of the 2TB green drive now I'm awaiting my next review. Did you have to contact them about your posting before they sent ya the next item or did it just arrive??

I don't think you have to contact them I think you just get solicitations whenever. Like I said before, I was offered an Ethernet switch before I even received the SSHD for review. I haven't had any other emails though since I declined that product.

I've submitted my review of the 2TB green drive now I'm awaiting my next review. Did you have to contact them about your posting before they sent ya the next item or did it just arrive??

Negative. I just submitted my review as normal and a few days later got an email for another product.

The contact and offering of items for review is somewhat erratic. I've been offered 3 items within 3 days and also nothing for a couple of weeks. I reviewed a mobo a week or so ago and I've heard nothing from them since the offer for review about 2 weeks prior. I always notify them that I've posted my review, whether that has any effect I don't know, but they've never told me not to.

Last edited:
The contact and offering of items for review is somewhat erratic. I've been offered 3 items within 3 days and also nothing for a couple of weeks. I reviewed a mobo a week or so ago and I've heard nothing from them since the offer for review about 2 weeks prior. I always notify them that I've posted my review, whether that has any effect I don't know, but they've never told me not to.

I imagine, they obviously don't send everyone in the program the same thing, they probably have the list of participants broken up and send one group at a time certain items, and they only send new items when the manufacturers release them, so while there's nothing new coming to market, there may be times when they don't send any solicitations, but then a company, or multiple companies, may release multiple products within a short timespan and result in receiving a lot of product requests all at once.

That's my thoughts on why it's "erratic", anyway. :shrug:

I've reviewed powerline stuff before not really ideal but sometimes there is no other option.

Got a low cost wireless router showing up tomorrow sometime. I'm excited to test out it's AP mode so I can finally get a signal on the other end of my house :)

I also got an invitation email from Newegg today and I replied expressing my interest. We'll see if and when they offer to send me a product to review.

Got an email about reviewing this.

If it's any good I might actually have a use for it after reviewing. :) I think I'll accept this one. However, before I do, I'm trying to find out all the things I need to consider in reviewing it. The thing is my internet speed is nowhere near 500Gbps... so I guess I can't test it's speed all that well.

I take it that will involve hooking one up to my desktop in the living room, and the other elsewhere to another computer and test the speed between them?

Networking isn't really my area... lol

Back