• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NewEgg's price gouging on super-recent added-to-cart items.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
on a side note.. mike tyson lives in arizona, i saw him at a local mall and said hi to him. then he barked at me like a dog and i got scared (well, atleast the first part is true)

EvilCloudStrife said:
on a side note.. mike tyson lives in arizona, i saw him at a local mall and said hi to him. then he barked at me like a dog and i got scared (well, atleast the first part is true)

did you cover your ears ?

EvilCloudStrife said:
the first part where he barked at you? so i guess you didn't get scared.

richard simmons is very upset with newegg, since he received that copy/paste email!

Those names are a joke right? They didnt send that to you in an email. No company with any professionalism would send anything like that.

I however would like to add my anger for these price changes. I once added a few items to my cart. Came here to look at quick reviews for less than 15 minutes and then went back to hit the checkout button. Got through most of the process and the screen before the confirm button it kicked me back to the price page where it went up $50. Irritated the hell out of me. Newegg used to have the best prices for everything. Now these auto price gouging irritates me to the point I only go when things are on sale.

JT

JTanczos said:
Those names are a joke right? They didnt send that to you in an email. No company with any professionalism would send anything like that.

I however would like to add my anger for these price changes. I once added a few items to my cart. Came here to look at quick reviews for less than 15 minutes and then went back to hit the checkout button. Got through most of the process and the screen before the confirm button it kicked me back to the price page where it went up $50. Irritated the hell out of me. Newegg used to have the best prices for everything. Now these auto price gouging irritates me to the point I only go when things are on sale.

JT
And that's what I'm talkin' about!!! Your last 2 sentences are 100% true. Why the change? Were they not making enough money? Do they think they make more this way? Hmmmm...

As for the names, I just threw em in there for gits and shiggles.

P.S. I now understand your PM... had no clue what you were referring to, lol.

newgg is CRAP - end of it - yes they were good - now eyes see nothing but $$$$$

zipzoomfly.com - FREE 2day Fedex on it seems %95 of items
www.directron.com - smaller - but they will order in anything for you!

So why is it newegg up's the prices so rapidly - but no other site it seems does once it is in your cashier

All newegg saw was the chance to UP the price RIHT when you are eager to check out and NOT LIKELY notice it cause your SO happy you orderd your new hardware

Newegg does this on purpose.

As for that stock "automated" response BS email - and i would say

When newegg can learn to send a human being a human response, not some canned useless, completly uninformative response - then i may consider coming back to shop with you, until then, you have now lost another customer"

On that note, please visit this thread, your feedback would be apprecoated, it appears i am not the only person whom feels negativly towards your new tactics for increasing profits

Might wanna contact the Newegg rep here on the forum, he's a great help. His name is Jason (his real name)

in jasons defence he has been nothing but awesome to me. I really appricate him. I wish more people like him worked for newegg. But yes, I am sure he will see this thread

Mr.Guvernment said:
newgg is CRAP - end of it - yes they were good - now eyes see nothing but $$$$$

zipzoomfly.com - FREE 2day Fedex on it seems %95 of items
www.directron.com - smaller - but they will order in anything for you!

tell me about it i always tell myself i'm going with newegg because it should be cheaper, faster, ect. but in the end it's just really became my reference for what to look for when it comes to a graphics card. mostly transfers to ZZF who normally has things a few bucks cheaper and with free shipping.

ordered my 148 from monarch though, as they had the best choice price wise.

Two things guys:

#1 - I sent over a PM to Jason a few days ago about a different dispute, and I have yet to hear from him. His last activity was about a week ago I think.

#2 - Do realize that no matter what you are still getting outstanding customer service with newegg. On certain items, I will pay the new dollars more with them, just for the possibility that I may need to contact the vendor.

TankGuys is becoming something good. I look at their pricing more often than any others. They will slowly get better and better as their business grows, which it is.

If we keep shopping TG, you never know... they may become our best buddies, right TG (think his name is Bruce)? :)

Jason does have a direct extension you can reach him at :shrug:

Other than that, I don't have a lot of input; every one of my experiences with Newegg has been fantastic (including the one I received two days ago), but UPS is irritating me.

g0dM@n said:
Two things guys:

#1 - I sent over a PM to Jason a few days ago about a different dispute, and I have yet to hear from him. His last activity was about a week ago I think.

#2 - Do realize that no matter what you are still getting outstanding customer service with newegg. On certain items, I will pay the new dollars more with them, just for the possibility that I may need to contact the vendor.

TankGuys is becoming something good. I look at their pricing more often than any others. They will slowly get better and better as their business grows, which it is.

If we keep shopping TG, you never know... they may become our best buddies, right TG (think his name is Bruce)? :)

Ben actually, but you're close :D

No doubt right now though, newegg/zzf/etc kill us on most items. Where we usually beat them is on the high demand special items. We just use different strategies... they charge a ton on popular items and next to nothing on every day items, we charge the same on everything. In any case, thier volume is so much higher that the get better prices. Plus, I spread my ordering over a bunch of distributors, so none of them see us a big customer yet.

Back on topic though, I don't care much for the newegg system now either. It's hard to argue that there is anything wrong with them raising prices on high demand items; that's just 'good' business sense. On the other hand, dynamically raising the price on items once it's in a shopping card is a little odd.

Back