• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

News about Raspberry Pi B+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well I saw then last night on the official site but shows a price of $220 when added to cart. Haven't tried Adafruit yet. Hard to navigate some of these sites on mobile.

what is a super pi even designed to do? when it was made what was the intention behind it? what uses does it have?

Well a super pi is a benchmark designed to calculate pi out a set number of...Oh you mean a raspberry pi :D

A Raspberry Pi (shortened to RPi) is a small ARM based computer. Originally intended as an affordable educational project, it has easily accessible GPIO pins, custom OSes focused on programming education (last I checked primarily Python) and an MSRP that basically just covers the price of parts ($25 for the Model A, $35 for the Model B).

But it grew in popularity as a low cost, low power ARM based computer, as it has a decent GPU and HDMI out, making it a good choice for a discrete HTPC or low powered server. Sadly it's due to this rise in popularity that drove the price up from it's original $25/$35 target, and it isn't rare to see them going for almost twice that.

It's amazing what the first one could do for the money. I almost bought one but really have no use for it.

It was originally to promote education correct? I'm glad they were so open with it though. Glad to see a revision!

Back