• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nf3 250gb + a64 2800+ rev.cg = burn

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

roby972

Registered
nf3 250gb + a64 2800+ rev.cg = burn psu

hi

i am very afraid
yesterday , the second day with my new pc
i have tried the 250 fsb (htt on auto) voltage at cpu 1,55 + 104%
cpu @2,25ghz

ram kingston 3200 value at 160 mhz

after 10 min of seti@home at max 55-57°c
smell of burn
and death ...............

suggestion ???

cpu or mb ??

psu of 300w seems to be good

help help help
an afraid man

thanx

Last edited:
the psu i don't say (is recicled from another pc)
the mb is dfi lanparty nf3 250gb
skt 754

If you can...take the PSU out and test it on another board or do what hawtrawkr mentioned and physically try to jump start the PSU without the MB connected...

I have had a PSU that was able to light up the 8RDA+ LED's...but as soon as the power switch was turned on the PSU shut down...

I wouldnt really be suprised if it was the PSU being only a non named 300W PSU with probably a weak +12 amp rating...

Also...this is a P4/AMD ATX Compliance PSU correct? (has the extra 4 prong motherboard plug in)

today i try the psu on my old pc
the psu has the additional plug (4 pin) for the cpu

and about smell of burn ?
what do you think ?
i think that is the cpu

p.s.
i use always deafilut amd's heatsink and haetfan

goooood news !!

is the psu death noth the cpu

thanx god !!

suggestions for new psu ???

roby972 said:
just buyed an q-tec 550w dual fan

is enough ? :)

whats the 12v rail rated @?

from my experince and from everything ive read your going to want at the leat a 18a 12v rail.

the a64 are a little less powerhungry than p4s (particularly prescotts) but they can still benefit from some added amps on the 12v rail.

hopefully it is enough since it sounds like youve already purchased it

a good a64 psu ive found has been the fortron 530 its like 70bucks or so and has a 18a 12v rail rating which imho is underated which fortron is known for doing and is a rarity in the unstandardized psu market.

Back