• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-S 2.0 Volt mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tony420

I NEED TO CONTACT SILVERSINKSAM, BEFORE I GET ADDE
I want to mod the chipset voltage and the memory voltage...Im currently limited to 2.96, I want to be able to go up to atleast 3.3V on the first mod, would I use a 20K ohm for this? Or 10K ohm, and also...Is it 1W or 8W resistors...for the chipset I havnt measured my voltage with a multimeter yet but I want it if needed

Heres a couple guides that work well. I have done the VDIMM and the pencil VDD mod. Both worked perfect.

I would not recommend the pencil way though. Although it is easier to do it is harder to undo. So basically I'm stuck at what I modded it to unless I erase it and start over. Even doing that has a chance of knocking the resistor off. If I did it again I would use the resistor like I did on my VDIMM. Have fun!

With the V-Dimm mod the max voltage that you will get is about 0.1v less than what ever your 3.3v rail is putting out. I have done the V-Dimm mod and my max voltage is 3.19v

that site confuses me...it says i need the 1K thing then at the bottom picture it shows a damn 10 ohm resistor also...i dont understand , i see it leave from one connection and split into two...can anyone help me out a little more? Also, if I buy the part that he shows on there I will always be limited to .01V under my 3.3V or will i need a better resister if I mod my PSU...

You could just not use a resitor and give it the whole 3.3V line. Thats what I do for all of my memory vmods.

Do you mean just jump that same spot with a wire?
How stable is that?
If you can explain a little more Id be interested.

Thanks

Wardog

well that website you posted is of no use to me...its not even the same thing as my board...where it wants me to place a wire there is a little cap on that spot, and the one above it...the 3rd one up is open and has no cap on it...is there any other better sites that go into depth cause that website is ****...the picture is corrupted and it dont even diplay the same thing

Tony420 said:
well that website you posted is of no use to me...its not even the same thing as my board...where it wants me to place a wire there is a little cap on that spot, and the one above it...the 3rd one up is open and has no cap on it...is there any other better sites that go into depth cause that website is ****...the picture is corrupted and it dont even diplay the same thing

What the heck are you talking about? Did you look at the website. That is the site that I used for my mods.

The picture of the other resistor is incase you break the surface mount version.

You need to step back and read what the site is telling you.

i completed the mod witha 20K trimmer, can get my vdimm at around 3.35+ completley stable... does anyone know where i can get a mod spec sheet for a 9700pro REV 3....So far I have only found the vref and vdimm for a rev3...i still need vddq and vgpu (dont think theres any more possible)
I have all the trimmers I need for this...also..when reading the voltage off the card do i use ohm or 12V+ ?

Ohm gives you the resistance.

12V+ gives you the voltage on a scale to 12v

Use 12V+ if you are looking to read voltages.

ok i can read the voltages, i only checked the vgpu and its 1.51...does anyone know where i can find mods for the rev3 9700pro?

Back