• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nf7-S VDIMM mod questiosn

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Finnisher

a few quick questions on the vdimm mod on motherboardfaqs.com:
1. what is the max i can reach with this mod (higher than 3.2??)
2. how do i know which of the leg im supposed to use for ground (not shure which way the resister is facing on the pics)

man_utd said:
WELCOME TO THE FORUMS
:welcome:
Adjust your 3.3v rail for voltages higher than about 3.2v, uness you do a mod that feeds the vdimm from the 5v rail, it will never get as high as the 3.3v rail.

You could always just mod the 3.3v line on your psu or get one that lets you change it like an OCZ or Fortron. As to the limit on the motherboard after the mod there is no limit as well as your psu can go .2 above your setting. I used to run 3.4 24/7 with mine. Consider doing the vtt mod as well as over 3.1 (I think is the highest) it doesn't track with your dimm.

With out a VTT mod you can't run stable over much more than 3.2v.

In order to get over 3.2v you need to boost your 3.3v rail. You get ~.1v less than 3.3v

For resistors it does not matter which way you put them on. For pots use the middle leg and one of the outer legs.

Back