• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nforce4, SATA RAID and Win7 64bit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mammut

Does anyone know if SATA RAID-0 will work ok on a nforce4 board (DFI NF4X INF), using Windows7 64bit?

Reson I ask is that read that nvidia is no longer supporting nf4 with Vista and Win7 64 bit installs, ie. there are
no WHQL driver versions for the nv SATA RAID. And Win7 does not take drivers that are not whql'd.

Is this perhaps addressed in the release version win7?

Win7 doesn't natively support NF4 RAID, but you can download Fernando's modded WHQL driverset, v9.98 of the SATARAID drivers compatible w/ the x64 version of Win7 from here...

http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/windows-7-nvraid-installation-guide-t72447.html

The download link is under Preparations:--> Preparation of special WHQL signed nForce SATA and RAID drivers--> b. for the 64bit version of Win7 (x64).

thanks redduc900. I actually went through that thread yesterday and got me concerned. It seemed difficult with unsure results. Anyway I might be encouraged to try it, just hoped the nv and MS could get sata raid going with nf3 and nf4 chipsets as well.

Win-7 just seems to have a tough time with a raid-? array. I've tried numerous time from different angles and always the final BSOD after final boot.

Back