• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nice cheap 19" acer widescreen, what do u think?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I was planing on going with that but instead am going with a Viewsonic, I liked it from what I read however, if your on a budget then I would say read the reviews on it and make your mind up.

n0aH said:
Looks just like mine except for mines DVI and was only 10 bucks more with a 1 year money back guarannte :)
o nice . dvi indeed prolly pick that up, gonna try and order this tomorrow :)

well refresh rate doesn't mean anything, but definetly good choice on going DVI. You'll love widescreen!

ajrettke said:
well refresh rate doesn't mean anything, but definetly good choice on going DVI. You'll love widescreen!
well acer was 1440 x 990 @ 60 so when u have vsync on fps will be 60 and lower so i really dont want that, and with this one 1440 x 990 @ 75 is alot better dont have to put vsync on since it will not tear, my CRT does 1280 x 1024 @ 60 and i have to have vsync on so it doesnt tear =]

kinda helps :)

I just bought an Acer AL1951C standard 19" LCd and couldn't be happier.

The build quality is excellent.

RedDragonXXX said:
I read that Scepter LCD's have problem with ghosting especially the 21" model, but let us know how this one turns out.

good luck
yea they had problems but they came out with a firmware that suppose to fix it, hopefully this is fine :) can't wait finally got my widescreen =]

My 19" from Aopen cost $294 and after $70 rebate or something it came out to $~230ish. Dvi and analog as well as a speaker. Well worth it in my opinion
Also, is it just me or does div not look better than analog? Not just on this moniter but on my uncles nec that cost $500.

hmmm dvi looks better to me, just got my monitor and wow its awesome. no ghosting at all, no dead pixels, didnt try the built in speakers.

will post a pic when my AA are charged. :)

this size is perfect for me, 1440 x 990 :)

Last edited:
Back