• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nidec BETAV TA450DC wiring help please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
As much as I hate to necro this is really the only decent source of useful information about this specific fan I was able to find so I wanted to add a couple of points for anyone else who might be tooling around with one of these monsters...

1.) Run it off Molex from the PSU. It's 1.4 Amps so if you plug straight in to the motherboard you may fry the more delicate headers - better safe than sorry.

2.) I highly recommend using a fan controller to tame this beast, just follow the standard 3-pin layout substituting the WHITE wire for YELLOW (i.e. black, red, white). This is a tested and verified solution (again, pull power directly from the PSU).

Sorry to ping an old topic but this thread saved me a LOT of time; I hope my streamlined summary will be helpful to others with this same fan.

srry to beat a dead horse but i have a question regarding this fan. im not sure to follow the above post, but i have a molex adapter for 4-pin fan slot(or however u put it)
i had an old Dell E520 that had this fan as an intake, i want to use it on my new pc.
im fairly new to pc hardware.
heres a pic of it http://imageshack.us/f/339/1000810d.jpg/

Dell does odd things with fans. So make sure. back from the days of 'we make 5 million PCs, make the fans this way. You never know with them.

A new fan is cheap.

Best bet is dump the old fan.

Jeah great Chioce, this fan is fantastic! Silent and powerfull too. The wiring is:
black = gnd
red = 12V+
white = sensor
blue = pwm

If you chance the cable config you can use it with the dell plug. make sure your pc can handle those fans. better is connecting red and black directly to psu.

nidec_betav-ta450dc_1.dp4u.jpg

Back