• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No sound on Asus A7V333

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Houkatori

Registered
I just installed this mobo today and seem to have everything up and running, except I can't get any sound. The board has on-board audio, all the drivers are installed properly (or so xp tells me), my speakers are plugged in and hissing at me. As far as I can tell everything is connected, but I can't seem to get any sound. Any ideas?

Theres a jumper onboard somewhere to enable or disable the sound. near the bottom of the board I think. Might also try the other two jacks I myself can never remember which is the right one.

That's what I thought too, but jumper shows it to be enabled. I really don't wanna hafta buy a sound card right now if I don't have to either, so any help is appreciated.

Tip: Post Asus related questions in the Asus forum. :p

Like Lithan said, the jumper controls it. Plug your speakers into the green jack.

whoo, go me for not paying attention. 8 hours of comp-building and early morning frustration will do that =(

next day and still no sound. i know its the wrong forum, but does anyone else have any advice? i know for sure its not the jumper.

Back