• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No sound through HDMI...again

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

i6pwr

This time it's not being recognized, last time it was simply turning it on in the sounds, now it's not there.

Last week it worked, now whatever I do it won't recognize the HDMI in the sounds. Power went out for 2 hours last week so I went back in to the BIOS, changed SPDIF OUT back to HDMI...can't think of anything else to change.

I've tried booting with the cable connected, and without...I get a pic on the external display but no sound.

Everything outside the case is connected properly, must be a setting or a driver issue.

BIOS version is 3017

Sounds like maybe something got fried when the power surged back on after the outage. Not plugged into a surge protector?

Yes, it's on a surge protector but it just went off ...no off and on, surging or spikes.

The hdmi works...just no audio.

I downloaded the Realtec HD audio from the ASUS site showing the 1 Audio that was avail for my MB....still no audio.

Back