• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

no speaker fill in windows? 5.1 kave

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Apex Kodiak

Registered
whats up guys, its been a while since ive had any concerns with my rig, but i noticed an issue last night. i have a creative soundblaster titanium xfi card, and a set of roccat kave 5.1 cans. with my turtle beach (and same card) i had sound from windows coming through all the speakers, "sub" (vibrators) included, and music sounded good. with this setup i have now, windows sound (anything not in a game) is only coming through the front speakers and music isn't as good as i feel it could be, there isnt a "speaker fill' in the creative drivers unless i missed it. i've tried using the realtek on-board sound with the same result. any ideas? could it be the headset? all the speakers work I'm 100% sure of that.

Are you using the built in Windows driver for the X-Fi? If so, remove them and install the Daniel K 2.5 Support Pack drivers. This should be the thread, but I'm not able to access the forums right now for some reason (keeps timing out).

This will install the Creative drivers that have been tweaked abit for better stability and with all the bells and whistles (except DDL and DTS Connect). One of the features of the Creative drivers is the X-Fi CMSS 3D, which basically takes any stereo source and expands it to all your speakers.

Back