• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

:( no work

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

spiritedandy

Premium Member
:cry::cry::cry:

I was flying along ran for week solid now come home and ive ran out of work none available :rain::cry::rain::cry:

Edit 24 hrs and its finallly gave me something but not much this gtx eats em up cant belive how fast

Last edited:
I feel your pain. My new rig with dual 580's are mostly idling. It has refused to get more than a few hours worth of cache, then I always get no work available message.

My main rig has topped at about 24k credit a day but the new one is fizzling at just above 10k. It should be doing more than 30k.

just looked eagle b4 i go to work

got some (and it is some) for gpu and none for cpu :(

10k for 30k rig not good 4 ghz :(

I run out of work on my desktop and laptop ocassionally (not a 24/7 cruncher) for SETI. I joine Rosetta too and now I always have some work to do.

Something seems odd here. I checked two of my boxes this morning, both had downloaded their limit of work and the server returned a message about the limit being reached.

One box is CPU only
One box is CPU Q6600 + GPU GTX570

But since this is now tuesday morning for Berkeley we should be in the weekly outage period by now.

I use Boinc Rescheduler to move WUs around if my CPU or GPUs are temporarily out of work, especially around the time when there's a scheduled server outage.
thanx ill look into it :):)

so its tuesday and no work still ...and if i undersdand right from eagle seti has a outage about now so i wont get any again lol well this is fun

but how come youre all full up on youre 2 boxes mmmmm

:Edit I got work yay

not much but some ..must be harder to calculate longer or what ever you say

gpu used to do 7 mins now 20 but i have work yay again

Last edited:
^^^^^

I think that's how I built up my cache by using boinc rescheduler. On my X5650 rig, I dumped all VHARs to the GPU, and on the preferences ( I named that "school"),
I only get WUs from CPU only. After that, I just shcedule to transfer non-VLAR Wus to my GPUs every 12hrs. Mind you, that took almost a week to get that sizeable cache and been steady
like that for 2 weeks now even with the server outages.

On my ATI rig, it's the other way around. I moved all Vlars to the CPU and schedule it accordingly every 24hrs. But I cannot keep more that a few days worth of WUs on that rig.
The AP WUs keep messing with my DCF and always says "Computer has reached the limit of WUs" or something to that effect.

Before using the rescheduler I cannot get more than a day's worth of WUs - GPUs sat idle most of the time. Oh, and when the servers go out, it's hard to get work for me and had
to run GPUGRID and Collatz for awhile... for like a day or so.

As for not getting any work before or after the outage, I read that by using a proxy works. I was going to find the link for you, but wouldn't you know it... looks like the servers are down again. :shrug:

I am still getting work, but connection speed is poor and the downloads move to 'retry' status frequently, and then to 'project backoff'.

Note: if you have completed work that is not uploaded your system will not receive additional work. So work on clearing out your uploads first. correction, I just picked up 25 work units while I had 4 pending uploads.

I did find a message at the project forums indicating a cap on work at 200 units per machine that they are working towards removing.

Last edited:
ahh cheers
well ill try again today its just a shame was flying through them

edit i dont know where the little thanx came from

edit oh yes ic lol aghhh off to bed

I've noticed my computers have been doing much better at keeping work since I "upgraded" to version 6.10.60 If you're still having issues, I'd give it a try. My RAC has gone way up since the switch.

thanx all :) ive rolled back uesed proxy and still no work available lol tried few things for a while now must have spent hours on it its becoming not fun :(

thanx for help tho :D

Edit im going to leave it on tonight see what happens never know its christmas i do belive in miracles

Last edited:
Back