• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Noctua NF-A20 Fan Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

As of May 2017 Noctua released its NF-A20 fan as the NF-A20 FLX two-speed fan and the NF-A20 PWM variable speed fan. Noctua has been working on a 200 mm fan for years – it first showed a 20 cm prototype in 2013 at Computex, so this month will be exactly four years. They had to have been working on it before that, to make a prototype, but only now has Noctua released their 200 mm fan. As their press relations person said, “We really had to put our backs into this one to make it happen. It's so easy to build a 200mm fan that spins, but so hard to build one that performs, doesn't feel flimsy, and will spin for more than 10 years...” Were the results worth it? Let’s see!

Click here to view the article.

A decently performing 200mm fan is a great idea.

Might be worth a try on my 200mm front rad that I am running 4 X 92mm on right now.

Nice write up.

These new Noctua fans look really solid. I have whole set of A series fans and every single one looks like will last at least guaranteed 6 years. Slim 120mm are my favourite and probably will be the most popular.

So how do these compare to the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO? Is it worth the upgrade from the EVO to the Noctua?

These are solid fans to have in your hands. An editor commented on the big box. I think it cushions the fan. A Hyper 212 is not relevant. This is only a fan.

Nice review as always .
I saw a few Cases from computex coverage that were using 200mm fans . These should be a nice Upgrade for ppl getting those cases

Already using a bunch of A15s in my Corsair 900D. Now where do I get an HTPC case I can throw one of these A20s in? Would love to just have a single 200mm fan instead of multiple smaller (louder) ones for the box in the living room.

Back