• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

noob - cable clearance on 2nd GPU install

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eco_bach

Hi
Full aware of heat issues with gpus and since this is my first build thought I should ask.
On installing a 2nd gpu I notice there is no way I can avoid cables from contacting the actual sides of my 2nd gpu(GTX10180)

Is there any reason to be concerned, or are gpu case temps always much lower and acceptable?

cable_clearance.jpg

Not much of a concern if you have good airflow and don't overvolt your GPU's like crazy.

Quick question: any specific reason for going dual GPU's? With the mining craze, used ones sell like cupcakes, and a 1080ti might have been a better option, even if ,of course, raw horsepower is lower than dual 1080's. (SLI is dying and getting less and less support).

You could always place a small spot fan to blow on that area but I really don't think it's an issue. I would just inspect things after a bout 6 months to make sure. The contact area seems to be covered by shrink tube over mesh and should be pretty safe with heat.

Back