• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Noob E5200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

denmla

I read all FAQ here and I dont get it that well.
I have E5200, motherboard is MSI P31 NEO V2
and 3GB DDR2 800MHz

I made this settings:
FSB: 260
CPU: 3250 MHZ
FSB/RAM Ratio: 1:1
RAM Freq: 540

It wont go any further.

I have almost no idea what I am doing so did I do anything wrong?
Should I change FSB/RAM Ratio?

First off welcome to the forums! :welcome:

I think that if you could give us some of your other settings. Some things like how many volts your cpu is getting, how many volts your northbridge is getting... just a few things like that. It would also be good to know what kind of cooling youre using. If youre trying to overclock on stock cooling I don't know how far you'll be able to go. Intel's stock heatsinks are pretty much junk. I would go for something like this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835186134

Until we get a few more specs there's not a whole that I can help you with. I hope this helps at least a little.

How do you have 3gb? Are you using 4 sticks of ram.

What cooler are you using.

I do think it's your ram holding you back, IMHO. Your running it at 1080mhz at the moment.

What have you used to check if your overclock is stable?

And last but not least - welcome.

sounds similar to a tigerdirect system i built for a friend of mine its probaly 2GB+1GB

I just kept most the stuff on auto to do that OC i think i hit like 3.15 just playing around with it.

I set CPU at 1,2V (it has 3 gray steps, 3 white and 3 red. this is second white voltage)
All other voltages are on AUTO.
So I understand that my ram is now on double the set value?(520x2=1040MHz)
So it can work above 800MHz?
Earlier it was set like this:
fsb: 266
ratio: 1:5
RAM: 798MHz

Was this better than the current?

I did not benchmark it with anything. Just a ordinary high-abuse stuff :)
It have stock cooling and the temperature does not go above 45C.
I have 2GB and 1GB DDR2.

You're most likely not being able to overclock any further due to CPU voltage and/or DRAM frequency. Set your DRAM at 1:1 ratio with FSB and then overclock the CPU, you can always set your DRAM to a higher ratio afterwards when you know your max CPU overclock.

You should try reading the stickies first though, there is a lot of helpful information there for beginning overclockers.

Back