• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Noob Water Cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Aphex_Tom_9 said:
that's weird...the HD problem, that is...

Yea I dont know why it went out it was only 3 months old but it did happen at a good time seeing how my cp has been down getting the water cooling going.But it worked out for the best Newegg was out of stock on the one I had so they are sending me a Sata II it says 20% faster over what I had :clap:

I went out this morning looking for a 90 coming off the video card after 3 stores this is what I came up with.The threads coming out of the block are not pipe thread that was the problem.
24.jpg

nice looks good. hope my first wc sytem turns out that good. That sux about the hard drives I have one sata which is my main drive and one ide which is my secondary drive so if one crashes i have a backup (I learned that the hardway after my drive crashed the first time). Also the new 90 degree pipe thing looks good.

well you didnt have to remove the barb from th eblock, actually Id have preffered that youy didnt as I am unsure how such actions affect your warranty with DD.
I would put some teflon tape into that thread with the new barb, just to be safe.
Also I wouldve chosen a less aggressive 90 angle. But nonetheless, what you have there seems to work out perfectly for you. Make sure you watch that replaced fitting on the DD6800 block realy close during leaktest.

If you don't want to change the vid to nb tubing, you could just pull that piece out and heat and stretch it till the tubing wall is thin enough to accomplish the turn. It might take a few tries though.

Senater_Cache said:
well you didnt have to remove the barb from th eblock, actually Id have preffered that youy didnt as I am unsure how such actions affect your warranty with DD.
I would put some teflon tape into that thread with the new barb, just to be safe.
Also I wouldve chosen a less aggressive 90 angle. But nonetheless, what you have there seems to work out perfectly for you. Make sure you watch that replaced fitting on the DD6800 block realy close during leaktest.

Yea I didnt really want to change it that much but that was the only chioce I had at the time.I may call DD and see if they offer a 90 or even a 45 barb,but what I have now works but it is alittle bigger than I would like it to be.As far as not using teflon tape the added barb has a rubber washer at the top of it just like the one from DD and it came to me without so to make sure it didnt cause anybody I just went without it.So far it has ran about 3 hours with do leaks so hopefully it will be ok.

Guderian said:
If you don't want to change the vid to nb tubing, you could just pull that piece out and heat and stretch it till the tubing wall is thin enough to accomplish the turn. It might take a few tries though.

Yup I tired that to ,it helped but didnt get it like I wanted it

How thin did you get it.... you might be able to find someone with 6" of 1/8" or 1/16" walled tubing to hook you up. I wouldn't want to mess up the clean layout with angle joints any more than necessary: if I had any it'd be in the mail already.

Guderian said:
How thin did you get it.... you might be able to find someone with 6" of 1/8" or 1/16" walled tubing to hook you up. I wouldn't want to mess up the clean layout with angle joints any more than necessary: if I had any it'd be in the mail already.
Well I heated pulled and burned my fingers so I gave up :temper: LMAO
Yea I didnt think about 1/16 walled tubing that may just work, I will have to try and find some around here.Thanks for the kind words and trying to help me out.

Ok guys I got some numbers for you.It runs super fast and very stable at 4.0 can go more but not yet it idles at 43 and under a load it goes to 51 seeing how when I was on air at 3.6 under a load it would hit 75 I am very happy.I am running my PQI memory at 2,2,2,5 at 5:4 ratio.My video card started off bad it was idle at 65 so I removed that ugly 90 degree fitting and went to a longer tube that makes a big loop now it is idle at 46 and under a load 51.I couldnt be happier with it.So far I have scored 14620 on 3dmark03 here is the link to compare by also here is my 3dmark 05 score 6048.Right now I have the best 3dmark03 score over all the GT cards and the sixth best on 3dmark05.
With all that said my video card is 6800 LE running the GT Bios made by Thugsrock this has got to be the best $330.00 dollars I have ever spent :clap:

LOL that is a great idea I never even thought about going that route.I may try that when I have to open it up a line again right now it is running great tho :clap:

Back