• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Noobish Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Rickster said:
which is better to manage a t-line or a reservoir? like which is easier to drain, fill and bleed?
Some people have more trouble than others with T-lines. Nearly everyone agrees that filling and bleeding is easy with a res.

if i go for a t-line, i can get that t-joint from a hardware store right? i really dont want to be making reservoirs. Is there certain designs that would make a reservoir better than the other?
if i do go for a reservoir im really looking at these two
swiftech micro hi-flow
or
watercool reservoir 2
The first one is aluminum, which introduces the problem of galvanic corrosion due to dissilmar metals in the loop. This isn't as big a problem as many make it out to be, but I suggest sticking with copper, brass, and plastic for your first rig just because it's one less thing to worry about.

otter do you use a t-line or a reservoir?
No. I use a third barb on my rad.

i heard that if you use a t-line you have to cut the tube when you want to drain the system. don't like the sound of that.
That's one way. If you're going to use a T, consider a drain line off another T. Having a second T-line can also make filling easier because it gives the air somewhere to go. The extra fitting will cause a slight pressure drop, but I doubt it will make any practical difference with a 655 driving the loop.

secondly, about tubing... i planning for a 1/2" ID, so i want to get a tube that is 1/8' in thickness?
You mean the wall thickness? Yes, 1/2"ID 3/4"OD. 7/16"ID 5/8"OD bends more easily may be slightly less restrictive in systems with less than 7 feet of tubing because the ID of the tubing matches the ID of 1/2" barbs. That's based on calculations by Cathar. I'm not sure if anyone has actually tested it, but I trust Cathar's theoretical calcuations more than most watercoolers' hard data.
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=331742

thats my last question. sorry:(
Don't be! You did your homework and asked your questions properly. That's what the forum for. :)

Otter said:
You mean the wall thickness? Yes, 1/2"ID 3/4"OD. 7/16"ID 5/8"OD bends more easily may be slightly less restrictive in systems with less than 7 feet of tubing because the ID of the tubing matches the ID of 1/2" barbs. That's based on calculations by Cathar. I'm not sure if anyone has actually tested it, but I trust Cathar's theoretical calcuations more than most watercoolers' hard data.
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=331742

Yeah I've read something like this before. I think it's called choke flow.

Back