• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Normal to run this cool?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MandTPhotograph

Hey everyone, I don't have a problem, but more of a curious issue.

I'd normally blame a sensor, but it seems too normal under load.

It's on stock cooler (Not OC'd), just a well ventilated case with 2 80mm and a 120mm fan.

Ambient temperature is around 72f (22c) and I have a fan circulating air in the room.

I'm using BIOS and coretemp and getting roughly the same readings.

As low as 60f (15c) in the dead of night (gets chilly in here.) and around 110f (43c) under full load. Idles around 70f. (21c)

5931965690_78c69f1126_b.jpg

My question to you guys is, is this normal or is something else at fault here?
:chair:

thats normal, my ambient is around 76F (24C) and my idle is 74F (24C) using HWMonitor on a stock cooler and using a HAF 912 case with 4 120mm fans (2 intake, 2 exhaust)

Well that's definitely good to know.

Athlon II's run very cool indeed.

My friend has a very well ventilated case, 200mm fan, two 120's, etc;.. And his AMD Phenom II x4 runs at like 104f (40c) idle and we were wondering if that big of a difference between our proc's was normal.

Thanks for clearing that up guys. With as cool as this runs I do believe a mild OC will be coming shortly.

If you open up a PhII and rip out all the heat intensive bits and undervolt it a bit, you have an Athlon II.
40*c is a rather warm idle temp for a PhII though.

Back