• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Norton's Ghost: Errors on Restore :/ Other Imaging Program Recommendations Pls?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dazzer

Registered
I'm use Norton's Ghost (apart of Norton's System Works 2004) for imaging my hard drive. I tried a couple of other programs last year, but I found Ghost was the only program that handled raid arrays at that time (Acronis True Image Server version 7 doesn't handle raids for restoring--if memory serves me correct--there was some problem anyway, but I'm not sure about the newer version 8).

Currently I'm imaging from one striped array to another striped array. I'd stick with Ghost except when I get image files over 10gig, I never seem to be able to restore without Norton's reporting that the restoration was completed, but with errors (even though I'm using no compression on the image file at all and when I created the image file Ghost reported it was successful and I also ran the image integrity checker, and it also came back successful). I tried yesterday restoring my current C drive setup from a 13gig image file eight times, and each time I had an error message.

Any suggestions for better programs that can image, handle raid arrays, are reliable and give less errors and no spurious error reports?

Thanks

Dazz

Back