• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Not a problem, more of an annoyance with UPS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

torin3

A little explanation here. When I buy from Newegg, if they ship from the New Jersey warehouse, I can get a 3 day shipped order in 1 day (and they will even say so on the order page). I ordered a hard drive two days ago and they shipped it from the California warehouse. So it should take the normal 3 days. I'm just north of Philadelphia, so when I saw this, I was really hopeful:

Ship date -- 11/29/2006 16:45:30
Estimated delivery -- 12/04/2006
Service type -- 3 DAY SELECT
Weight -- 3.00 LBS
Status --In Transit-On Time

Date/Time Activity Location Details
11/30/2006 16:50:00 UNLOAD SCAN PHILADELPHIA, PA, US
11/30/2006 13:57:00 ARRIVAL SCAN PHILADELPHIA, PA, US
11/30/2006 06:19:00 DEPARTURE SCAN ONTARIO, CA, US
11/30/2006 02:27:00 UNLOAD SCAN ONTARIO, CA, US
11/29/2006 22:32:00 ARRIVAL SCAN ONTARIO, CA, US
11/29/2006 21:34:00 DEPARTURE SCAN BALDWIN PARK, CA, US
11/29/2006 21:33:00 ARRIVAL SCAN BALDWIN PARK, CA, US
11/29/2006 09:52:00 ORIGIN SCAN BALDWIN PARK, CA, US
11/29/2006 16:45:30 BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED[M] BALDWIN PARK, CA, US

It arrived in Philly yesterday and they didn't bother throwing it on the truck to deliver it. I know it is all within their terms of service and I have no beef with that, but normally if it gets there early they do deliver it. (Which is why I was glad when Newegg defaulted to UPS as their shipper of choice, FedEX will NOT deliver early here - 3 day shipment and they take 3 days, even if ground would be cheaper and faster)

Thanks for letting me vent.

It might be a case where the package scans were derived from the trailer scan which means the package wasn't physically scanned. If so there is a chance it didn't make it to the last destination and was left at a previous location. Most likely it was left in the last building by accident though, I would call the 1800 number and find out what is going on or you can wait to Monday for the delivery.

wannaoc said:
It might be a case where the package scans were derived from the trailer scan which means the package wasn't physically scanned. If so there is a chance it didn't make it to the last destination and was left at a previous location. Most likely it was left in the last building by accident though, I would call the 1800 number and find out what is going on or you can wait to Monday for the delivery.

I'm not going to worry too much about it. The UPS truck has come and gone here at work today, and I'm pretty sure this far in the Christmas season, they aren't going to send a truck back out. Plus the way Newegg ships, they won't let you go and pick them up from the facility, so that is out too. Besides, it wasn't scheduled until Monday anyway. Just sort of a 'so close' moment.

I know how you feel. I have had great service from both Fedex and UPS and normally when a package gets to town early, which is quite often, I get it early. On rare occasion though, the package is held until the scheduled delivery day. I figure the volume must be high that day or something.

Back