• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

not rock solid..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

infected_

im having some trouble getting my oc 100% stable. im using an i7 920 D0 (batch #3851a220), p6t deluxe v2 crossflashed with bios 0006 and 6GB gskill trident pc-16000 9-9-9-24. here are my current settings:

CPU Ratio Setting: 21x
BLCK Frequency: 200
PCIE Frequency: 100
DRAM Frequency: 1600
UCLK Frequency: 3200
QPI Link Data Rate: 7200

DRAM Timing Control:

1st Information :

CAS# Latency: 7
DRAM RAS# to CAS# Delay: 7
DRAM RAS# PRE Time: 7
DRAM RAS# ACT Time: 18
DRAM Timing Mode: 1N

CPU Voltage: 1.36250
CPU PLL Voltage: 1.82
QPI/DRAM Core Voltage: 1.36250
IOH Voltage: Auto
IOH PCIE Voltage: Auto
ICH Voltage: Auto
ICH PCIE Voltage: Auto
DRAM Bus Voltage: 1.66

Load Line Calibration: Enabled
CPU Differential Amplitude: +800mv
CPU Clock Skew: Auto
CPU Spread Spectrum: Disabled
IOH Clock Skew : Auto
PCIE Spread Spectrum: Disabled

Advance CPU Settings:
CPU Ratio Setting: 21x
C1E Suppport: Disabled
Hardware Prefetcher: Enabled
Adjacent Cache Line Prefetch: Enabled
Intel® Virtualization Tech: Disabled
CPU TM Function: Enabled
Execute Disable Bit: Disabled
Intel (R) HT Techology: Enabled
Active Processor Cores: All

Heres the deal.. i had the qpiv first at the same voltage of the vcore, 1.36250v and it was stable during 30m of linx and 1h of occt.
decided to try prime95 and heres where it gets tricky... after 2 hours of prime blend it gives me a bsod.
so i raised the qpiv to 1.36875, tried linx and occt and it was stable, but bsod afer 4h +/- in prime.
so decided to raise a litle more the qpiv to 1.37500v and it was stable in linx and occt (at least 1h and 55m) but after 6hrs i get a bsod in prime... :rain:
i cant raise the qpiv more because its not stable in linx or occt...

heres prime95 log: http://freetexthost.com/b42n3usfcz

Can someone please tell me what im i missing?

Thanks,

infected_

If its Linkx and OCCT stable, I wouldnt worry about P95.

Any other issues while gaming or any other functions you do on your PC?

Depends on which test he ran in OCCT...but yes blend tests more ram than the others in P95. Isnt he running his memory at its rated speed and a hair above the stock voltage? You can try running memtest on the sticks to see if they are bad I suppose.

Sometimes this happens though. If its OCCT and Linx stable, chances are its stable.

my gskill trident are rated 2000mhz 9-9-9-24 1.66v.. i have no issues in memtest for win, and memtest86+ v4 for dos, using those timings above and voltage..

mems.jpg

and i can run 6-7-6-16 at 1.74v

i dont think it as to do with the memory timings.. but i also dont know whats the problem while running prime blend. qpiv related?

yesterday i did a 2h run of occt then stopped, with qpiv at 1.36875v.

So the memory isnt the issue seeing as how its running UNDER its rated speeds with the same voltage. Im sticking with dont worry about it. :)

i think im just going to do that.. :thup: this cpu is history next week anyway. just wanted to know if i had it in my hands 100% stable before i sell it ;)

thanks EarthDog.

Back