• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Now to Try some Overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Skarn

Registered
Ok you can see in my signature the basic system I have built besides the following:

RAM F3-2400C10D-16GTX Gskill serial# 151425001289703 pc3-19200

PSU: CORSAIR RM Series RM850 850W ATX12V v2.31 and EPS 2.92 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Full Modular Active PFC Power Supply

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper D92 - CPU Air Cooler with Dual 92mm Offset Push-Pull Fans and Accelerated Cooling System

Case: Cooler Master HAF X - High Air Flow Full Tower Computer Case with Windowed Side Panel and USB 3.0 Ports

I have put everything together and the system is running. have not changed anything on the motherboard BIOS except to upgrade it to 1202.

My question is what overclocking can I do without having to add water cooling and keep the system stable.
I have read a bunch of information about overclocking but without first hand experience I'm afraid to make any changes.
Any help will be appreciated and if some one want to just PM me and work on it that way its fine.

Best to keep it in public so those that see it, can learn from it.

That said, you just need to keep the CPU under 1.4v, and temps under 90C when stress testing. Otherwise, its easy. You just adjust voltage (Vcore), and the CPU multilplier, then do some quick stress tests (few minutes) for stability and then raise the clock up. When its not stable, add some voltage, maybe .1v and see where that takes you. Rinse and repeat.

Back