• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NTbackup question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Moto-Bionic

Registered
I'm trying to schedule a backup under the Schedule Jobs tab, which lists fine, but when it starts the job, it gets stuck on the "Mounting the media..." then closes. I'm using a DLT tape drive if that matters. If I run it manually it works fine... What am I missing?

Is the DLT tape drive a tape loader or stand-alone tape drive?

Stand alone tape drive... External. I even tried doing it from a command prompt with the same result.. I'm thinking its yet another Microsoft feature that works so well...haha.

edit:
Code:
 backup "@C:\backup\Backup.bks" /n "Media created 5/22/2012 at 11:46 AM" /d "Set created 5/22/2012 at 11:48 AM" /v:no /r:no /rs:no /hc:on /m normal /j "Estimator Backup - Complete" /l:s /p "DLT"

I think that did the trick! Thank you very much. I've been pulling my hair out on this for months. And to think that the wizard does not automatically put the /um switch at the end. The backup is running now, I will report back in about 30 minutes after I let it trigger on its own... +1

EDIT: Worked like a charm! Now to get it to eject when completed! hahaha

got that too:
Code:
 rsm.exe eject /LF "<tape backup device name>" /astart

Last edited:
Back