• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nvidia Drivers 337.88 broke my PC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SouleD

Registered
Today this new update for my graphic cards popped up and after I installed it, I couldn't open games in fullscreen anymore it would simply show a black screen for 5m and then go back to desktop sometimes I simply had to reboot my computer. When the pc rebooted some screens were simply disabled and the screen resolution would simply be ridculous (black bands on each sides) so I rebooted again and this time when clean reinstalling the drivers again the whole pc froze on a black screen so I had to reboot even though I was unsure if the drivers had finished.

When I rebooted again the screens were just in shambles so I clean-reinstalled the drivers and no changes so I went ahead and grabbed the previous drivers, clean reinstalled them but meanwhile the installation all of the screens went black for over 10m before I had to reboot the pc... When the PC booted the login screen was lagging hard, after 2m of lagging, the metro UI showed up and my mouse was lagging terribly, it would move once every 30s..

So I rebooted a few times, no change. I unplugged all my screens and left only the HDMI on. No more lag! So I took the opportunity to clean reinstall the old drivers and it worked, when I reconnected my Display Port wired screen the whole PC started lagging again, so was the mouse. So I unplugged it and no more lags...

Also I now have a notice from windows saying : (Restart to repair driver errors) and no more matter how many times I click it and restart my PC it keeps showing up after each reboots.

This whole ordeal has been going on for over 2hrs now and it just started from a small and simple driver update. I'm quite exhausted I tried many things. Now I can't even connect my Display port or the whole pc starts lagging (the screen connected to the display port stays black). I'm in dire need of some help haha... please

After reading my post, I think it'll be clearer if I state clearly the current issues.

-Display Port, when connected, makes the whole PC lag
-Windows message keeps popping up : Restart to repair driver errors

Last edited:
Try going to safe mode and uninstalling w/Driver Cleaner Pro (its free). Reboot and let windows add its 'drivers'... once done, reboot again and install the last working drivers.

Allright, Go figure why, but I had to physically intervene and switch the display port to an other screen... And now it works again...

Back