• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nvidia theory. Is Nvidia purposely doing this

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You want well presented tinfoil theories about nVidia check out this video :

Watch a couple more of his videos and AMD will tick you off, too. LOL The best part of the Graphics Wars is anybody with a pair of 295x2 cards is still near the top of the heap for gaming. Expensive at the time, but they've held up well over several years. I like AMD, I even bought a RX 480 when they came out and loved it. They just didn't have what I wanted for the upgrade and the big, black brick wasn't cutting it through the side window of my white build. Enter Galax HOF.

Never had an AMD GPU so can't speak, i do know that they have their ups and downs like the CPU wars. IMHO it really depends on what the average person needs (which usually isn't much) so pound-for-pound AMD likely won until Pascal showed up. Now let's see if they can regain ground lost with Vega :D

It will be interesting, but I've blown my GPU budget for the next couple years at least. I still need to sell my 480 and at the rate new prices are falling I'm going to take hit on a reference card. :(

Interesting comparison from Dec. 6

Last edited:
I just watched one where the guy said the new Blizzard game "would run on an abacus". Almost fell off my couch laughing. Overall it looks like the 480 has firmly taken the lead. Other than a few Gameworks titles the Red card is a solid performer in that price range, and it has a pretty big lead in some other titles so it balances out. If you only play a few games it would come down to the specific titles as to which card is better, but considering AMD's driver tuning over time I'd have to give the nod to the 480. Nice to see them come back from the initial hit the 1060 gave them. The 470 looks like a killer deal, too. If Vega follows through with the pattern so far this could be a really good year for AMD. Maybe even cut prices for Green cards, too. Naturally, since I just bought a $500 Pascal. :bang head

Back