• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nvidia's Geforce 7900gtx rumored to be 32 pipes and crush ATI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Rattle said:
LOL

we will see, if anything other than the stupid who is better crap, just step back and look at this, simply amazing things from both companies... look a back a year the advancement is just stunning....

Look at the prices as well :)

yeah I swore i would never pay more than $300 for a card haha, now i look at it like $300 after I sell my current card :)

Lol x1900xt not beating a 7800gtx? who are you kidding, even the x1800xt beats it well!

Just another typical OC550 post, full of statements that noone usually understands...

dan

metloaf said:
I look at this as being the same as Intel vs AMD debate, and in reality it doesn't matter. All that matters is that healthy competition will be great for us as consumers! I can't wait until the new stuff comes out so that the current stuff can take a major price drop. :cool:

doesnt it matter? incase people havent realised (which i know they have) prices of these new technologies are skyrocketing.. come on, the prices are ludicrous! To be honest, i -can- wait (once i upgrade, of course :D) for new tech to come out, because soon enough games are going to be using all these fancy new crap like DX10, SM4.0 among other things, and then that shiny new $800usd card gets put out of date because of lack of support.

Of course it goes the other way too, just take a look at the new line of ATI cards.. they support GDDR4, but what ram is actually being used on it? GDDR3.. *shrugs* as much as im glad all these new techs are coming out, would the world please slow down? :p

Careface*

Thats sad.

-ATI RADEON X1900 XT 512MB (625MHz VPU / 1450MHz GDDR-3) - 10,000 points
-NVIDIA GeForce GTX 512MB (550MHz GPU / 1700MHz GDDR-3) - 9,608 3DMarks

ATI wins by less than 400 marks against an older Nvidia card! Ok so good ATI finally gets out the x1900xt late and competes with the 7800gtx which has been out for a while! ATI's 16 pipes and lower memory clocks are killing them!

-ATI RADEON X1900 XT 512MB CrossFire (625MHz VPU / 1450MHz GDDR-3) - 13,501 points
-NVIDIA GeForce 7900 512MB (700MHz GPU / 1800MHz GDDR-3) - 13,000 points

Wow. ATI needs two x1900xt's to barely beat ONE 7900gtx! ATI is definately a generation behind and the best card is one or TWO 7900gtx! :bang head

"X1900XT Will rape it to mars and back,..."

If you want to call less than 400 3dmarks faster than a 7800gtx 512mb as "ownage" :shrug: I think ati's x1900xt is good to go against the 512mb 7800gtx but they have no chance against Nvidia's next card comming in March

you know im actully going to take some Flaming for OC550, as the topic is valid, a 32PIPE chip pushing 700MHZ core 1800MHZ memory is something to be scared of look What the 7800GTX512 has done!

And you no that some lucky guys are going to be pushing 850Core 2000mhzmemory.

Nvidia is one step ahead of ATI ATM.

Last edited:
thats as may be, but to me from a personal view it doesnt matter who comes out on top - all I know and care about is the stupid prices that these companies are both asking for their cards - theye either have to stop pushing tech out so fast AND lower prices, or at least lower the prices on 'old' models down when new stuff comes out...not add another price band on top!!
/end rant

What is whith people's obsession with this!?
Oh noes!1! Teh new nVidia card beats teh old ATI!! in two weeks it'll be ATI's newest addition that beats nVidias old 7900. What's the point? A newer card beats an older one. Whoop-de-f'ing-doo.

Thats sad.

-ATI RADEON X1900 XT 512MB (625MHz VPU / 1450MHz GDDR-3) - 10,000 points
-NVIDIA GeForce GTX 512MB (550MHz GPU / 1700MHz GDDR-3) - 9,608 3DMarks

ATI wins by less than 400 marks against an older Nvidia card! Ok so good ATI finally gets out the x1900xt late and competes with the 7800gtx which has been out for a while! ATI's 16 pipes and lower memory clocks are killing them!

-ATI RADEON X1900 XT 512MB CrossFire (625MHz VPU / 1450MHz GDDR-3) - 13,501 points
-NVIDIA GeForce 7900 512MB (700MHz GPU / 1800MHz GDDR-3) - 13,000 points

How the hell do you get those scores???
The GTX 7900 will be release in March, and in hexus they say that they read somewhere it will reach 13.000.
I can't believe this scores are real.
And about the x1900?? where do you get the info?

Last edited:
I wish nvidia would have some competition and ati would be neck to neck in the cards that they release. ATI used to be the big boy. But Xbox and nvidia paired up and helped nvidia alot. Now it's ATI and the 360...

stang8118 said:
fx60 is the biggest waste of money IMO. A x2 3800 can easily hit 2.6ghz and you can save yourself $1k. But there will still be those people with deep pockets that'll buy it and make us all jelious :p

the 7900gtx i am sure will be a badass card, but with a hefty price tag like the current 7800gtx512mb.

Unfortanatly i think it is to early to speculate that nvidia will beat ati this time around.
Its only 2.6ghz too what a waste

I have a hunch that nividia will release a 7950 also then go to the 8200 then 8600 and 8800
because there 5 series is like this 5200, 5500,5600,5900,5950 and nividia has released 7200, 7500 (or 7600)then 7800, and 7900
this is imo :cool:

hugonow said:
How the hell do you get those scores???
The GTX 7900 will be release in March, and in hexus they say that they read somewhere it will reach 13.000.
I can't believe this scores are real.
And about the x1900?? where do you get the info?

I wouldnt bother trying to ask OC550 for anything like facts ect. He is a member of numerous other computer forums and all of his posts are just copy/pasted usually to each other. I remember someone actually found 4-5 forums that all had him as a member and every post in the thread was identical to the others he posts. So if someone is expecting a debate/discussion with him on this subject I would give up now. Thats why his responses never usually answer a question and when he replys in a thread it sometimes has nothing to do with the direction of the thread. Its really irritating.

Notice in this thread he replied with something how "400 more 3dmark points is your definition of "ownage"..." if you look at the replies to the OP you will notice not once was the word "ownage" ever on there. I am betting that most likely somebody said in another forum that ati was owning the 7800...but that could be just me...

I am not really sure this is a flame since its not attacking him or whatever just the truth.

OC550,

Your comparisons are not quite valid as it is well known that current CPU's bottleneck high end graphics cards (single or dual). So, going by synthetic benchmarks alone, nothing is quite set in stone. Regarding comparisions of pixle processing pipelines, that isn't valid too, simply because NV and ATi define their PPU's differently. It is not fair to compare the two as they are completely different.

Just thought I'd throw this in.

Edit*
Folks, lets keep this thread clean :)

Back