• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nVidia's Response to AMD 7000 series

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BigDru

AMD is about to finish releasing their 7000 series GPU line. The 7990 is expected to be realeased this month (March 2012).

nVidia has delayed their 600 series release from Q4 2011 to Q1 2012 and we should expect a release by the end of the month.

I was wondering what your thoughts might be on the expected 600 series and how nVidia will win back the top market.

From the looks of it, the 600 series won't beat the 7000 series.

AMD is about to finish releasing their 7000 series GPU line. The 7990 is expected to be realeased this month (March 2012).

nVidia has delayed their 600 series release from Q4 2011 to Q1 2012 and we should expect a release by the end of the month.

I was wondering what your thoughts might be on the expected 600 series and how nVidia will win back the top market.

From the looks of it, the 600 series won't beat the 7000 series.

I hope that the prices of AMDs 7000 series come down quite a bit when kepler is released.
I myself hope that Nvidia's 600 serious aren't more powerful (or way more powerful at least) then the 7000 series. I'm tired of all my friends talking crap about AMD cards and how Nvidia is superior in every way :p

I haven't really done much research on how the performance of kepler will be.

Quite honestly, I expect Nvidia to have a serious leg up on AMD (not just on high end cards, but low end cards too). I also expect pricier cards though. I'm preparing my wallet for the worst.

I myself hope that Nvidia's 600 serious aren't more powerful (or way more powerful at least) then the 7000 series. I'm tired of all my friends talking crap about AMD cards and how Nvidia is superior in every way :p

With the utmost respect to you, your friends are talking manure. :)

Right now they are about even with AMD that bit cheaper for the same performance, a soon to come 7870 performs the same as a GTX 580 and is a whole lot cheaper.

AMD and nVidia have swapped and change the top slot in the past, there is no outright winner here.

As for the 600 it is to early, there are no benchmarks for them yet so it is all just hot air and speculation, same goes for the 7990... don't know yet how good that is but if the 7970 is anything to go by its pretty bloody good.

We will know soon, right now its anyone's game.

Anyway, i thought it was the 78## series out this month, the 7990 is not even on the horizon yet is it?

Last edited:
With the utmost respect to you, your friends are talking manure. :)

Right now they are about even with AMD that bit cheaper for the same performance, a soon to come 7870 performs the same as a GTX 580 and is a whole lot cheaper.

AMD and nVidia have swapped and change the top slot in the past, there is no outright winner here.

As for the 600 it is to early, there are no benchmarks for them yet so it is all just hot air and speculation, same goes for the 7990... don't know yet how good that is but if the 7970 is anything to go by its pretty bloody good.

We will know soon, right now its anyone's game.

Anyway, i thought it was the 78## series out this month, the 7990 is not even on the horizon yet is it?

Yes, I know that AMD is on top atm...It just annoys me that anytime we get to talking about computer stuff they comment about how most of nvidia's cards are better then AMD lol :D
And what's funny is they down-talk Intel and try to tell me their $100 amd quad core is as good or better at most things then my $300 2600K lol.

Yes, I know that AMD is on top atm...It just annoys me that anytime we get to talking about computer stuff they comment about how most of nvidia's cards are better then AMD lol :D
And what's funny is they down-talk Intel and try to tell me their $100 amd quad core is as good or better at most things then my $300 2600K lol.

Oh... dear. someone needs to educate them lol.

Back