• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NVME placement on X570 Aorus Elite

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

johnnypiper

Registered
So I have a new build I will be starting early next week and was wondering where I should mount the NVME.

Motherboard is https://www.newegg.com/gigabyte-x570-aorus-elite/p/N82E16813145160
NVME is https://www.newegg.com/crucial-p1-1...cial_p1-_-20-156-199-_-Product&quicklink=true

There is a heatsink over the slot above the graphics card slot but there is another slot under the graphics card. I am thinking the NVME will stay cooler under the graphics card opposed to over the card. What say you all?

I would mount it on a slot not covered by the gpu, then you can still get some air to help cool. Not sure if the Crucial P1 has any heat issues- but air will help with temp

Be careful on slot swapping...

1. Pcie slot may go down to x8 instead of x16... nkt a big deal 1-2% slower.
2. The 2nd nvme slot may only support nvme or sata based or not run the full pcie 3.0 x4 speed.

Check your manual.

As far as which would better.. tough call. I can make arguments for both, honestly. I'd just put it under the primary slot with the heatsink.. same with the GPU. You arent writing TBs worth of files for god knows how long... so...

Well I would definitely be using the top slot for the gpu. This will be my first non-mechanical hard drive if they can even be called that. I've heard about heat being an issue so it has me a little paranoid about heat.

They can definitely be called that... Solid State Drive (SSD). :)

Post back with how it works out!

Will do. Parts arrived at the hub they usually deliver from this morning. Keeping my fingers crossed that it goes out for delivery today

I have a 500GB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro mounted underneath my PowerColor 5700XT and it's never gone over 50C. It's the only place to mount it on my mATX MSI B450 motherboard.

Well I would definitely be using the top slot for the gpu. This will be my first non-mechanical hard drive if they can even be called that. I've heard about heat being an issue so it has me a little paranoid about heat.

I have the Aorus Master motherboard and it has three ports for NVME's But they all come with heatsinks. I think your board does as well. I am using the one on the other side of the video card from the CPU. It shares band width with the PCIeX4 slot which I am not using. The others share bandwidth with the SATA ports so if you have HDD's you have to be aware of what ports you are using.

Back